Help>!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMOWESME$

Reaction score
SO, I bought a replacement set of 6.5 front door speakers... how the hell do I mount them? Do I cut the factory ring off and attatch to that somehow or am I supposed to drill into the two punched spots? Been waiting to to do this for a couple weeks with my door skin off and my electrical unit hanging off.

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO, I bought a replacement set of 6.5 front door speakers... how the hell do I mount them? Do I cut the factory ring off and attatch to that somehow or am I supposed to drill into the two punched spots? Been waiting to to do this for a couple weeks with my door skin off and my electrical unit hanging off.

Well on crutchfield.com, They sell mounting brackets for aftermarket speakers. Thats just the way I did it, it was extremely easy to do. I'm sure others on here have done other things to mount them in, this is just the way I did it. Here's a link for the brackets I think you need (20$) pair http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120823002/GM-Speaker-Brackets.html?tp=919

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
you might be able to just drill them straight into the door skin. Either use those brackets tho, and or a foam cup for behind it to protect and make it cleaner (sound). Usually speakers come with like foam tape you can wrap around the edge to prevent rattling..

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you might be able to just drill them straight into the door skin. Either use those brackets tho, and or a foam cup for behind it to protect and make it cleaner (sound). Usually speakers come with like foam tape you can wrap around the edge to prevent rattling..

x2, i drilled

OP
OP
GMOWESME$

GMOWESME$

Reaction score
Thanks... used some two sded tape around edge and the foam cup that was around stock spkrs. Sounds great... on to next project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n