Help with Speedometer Recalibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have 3 options, I looked into this on my 2017 yukon

1) waste a lot of money and have a dealer do it. They have to pay GM around 100-150 to send in a new system software file. Plus whatever they charge for labor. If the place you went to won't do it, try another place.
2) buy a tuner to update your tire revolution/diameter settings. You can also mess with a lot of neat other things.
3) don't do anything. At most your speed at 70 will be 1 mph off. GPS it. You will realize it isn't enough to do option 1 and 2

therealbofa

Reaction score
I emailed a couple of weeks back and they confirmed trucks only, maybe it changed since.

Thanks For sharing. They confirmed by email that it’s not compatible and said I would need one of their handheld devices from their other brands. Now I’m curious what that would be.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks For sharing. They confirmed by email that it’s not compatible and said I would need one of their handheld devices from their other brands. Now I’m curious what that would be.
Same, I don’t think there is one

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheel size shouldn't matter. It would be the tire size. Can you get a similar size (conference) tire?

OP
OP
jareds

jareds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahh okay bummer thanks for checking..just have to wait for the dealership to get another Tahoe in needing 22” wheel upgrade over factory for now then. Thankfully with the wireless Apple CarPlay my Waze app shows the gps speed on the navigation when I’m driving so I know my true speed.

therealbofa

Reaction score
Got another response today telling me the ecm is different from the Sierra and saying they don’t currently have plans to make a version of the pulsar for the Yukon/Tahoe.

I did follow up asking what other handheld they were referring to and will post back if anything comes of it. I went through all of their sister brands and nothing comes up for 2021 or 2022.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how to get the speedometer recalibrated on my 21 Tahoe after putting 22” wheels on in place of the 20” it came with. Gm and my dealer will not help because they are not gm wheels.. any help is appreciated. The speedometer is about 3 mph off.
You haven’t replied with the total height of both yet. If they are the same overall height, you don’t need to do anything but drive it.

OP
OP
jareds

jareds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not sure of the total height I haven’t had time to check both sets. The speedometer is off 2-3 mph below 60 and 3-4 above 60. It’s reading faster than the GPS indicated speed, so tires must be a little shorter than stock.

Mike jolly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not sure how to get the speedometer recalibrated on my 21 Tahoe after putting 22” wheels on in place of the 20” it came with. Gm and my dealer will not help because they are not gm wheels.. any help is appreciated. The speedometer is about 3 mph off.
Obd genie .com has the fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino