Help with GM kicker sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got this installed and everything works good. ( factory Bose system) Problem is every few minutes or longer the sub starts rumbling for a few secs. It starts off low then louder. Dealer disabled active noise cancellation. And it happens whether the music is on or off. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No only when car is on. Also I noticed today when the noise appears and I step on the gas the sound goes up and down with the gas pedal. Almost as if the exhaust is coming through the subs. Again it last for an only few seconds then back to normal.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of research on this the last few days before my sub install. The 10 speaker Centerpoint Bose system in upper trims has the Audiopilot feature that compensates for road noise when listening to music. Certain GM vehicles also have Bose Active Sound Management which uses the audio system to offset or enhance noise - Engine Harmonic Cancellation or Engine Harmonic Enhancement. Finally Bose has Quietcomfort Road Noise Control or RNC. This is newer version of ASM.

All of these systems rely on a series of microphones in the cabin to hear and send signals to offset noise with speakers. I believe the newer 18+ vehicles with the Centerpoint ONLY have the Audiopilot feature that can be turned off in the head unit settings. I speculate that the ASM was in the earlier models, but was removed due to the famous "buffeting" problem, but I dont know for sure. Long story short - turn off AP in settings; if that doesn't work, disable the mics. I have seen a harness on YT that does this at the rear Bose amp, and I have seen people just pulling the mics and cutting the wires. The mics are in the 3rd plug down, so maybe you can pull it first to try it out.

As a final note - 9 speaker Bose like mine in the LT do not have Audiopilot...

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When there is throttle related feedback, usually a ground wire is the issue.
That’s what I’m thinking
Been doing a lot of research on this the last few days before my sub install. The 10 speaker Centerpoint Bose system in upper trims has the Audiopilot feature that compensates for road noise when listening to music. Certain GM vehicles also have Bose Active Sound Management which uses the audio system to offset or enhance noise - Engine Harmonic Cancellation or Engine Harmonic Enhancement. Finally Bose has Quietcomfort Road Noise Control or RNC. This is newer version of ASM.

All of these systems rely on a series of microphones in the cabin to hear and send signals to offset noise with speakers. I believe the newer 18+ vehicles with the Centerpoint ONLY have the Audiopilot feature that can be turned off in the head unit settings. I speculate that the ASM was in the earlier models, but was removed due to the famous "buffeting" problem, but I dont know for sure. Long story short - turn off AP in settings; if that doesn't work, disable the mics. I have seen a harness on YT that does this at the rear Bose amp, and I have seen people just pulling the mics and cutting the wires. The mics are in the 3rd plug down, so maybe you can pull it first to try it out.

As a final note - 9 speaker Bose like mine in the LT do not have Audiopilot...
I had the dealer disable the active noise cancellation. I think it might be a ground issue. I’m not having any distortion or feedback issues when playing music. Just randomly my exhaust (aftermarket) sound will come through the subwoofer at low speeds when braking for a few seconds then disappears.

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I turned off AudioPilot But my exhaust still comes through. Dealers gonna take a look at it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update. Brought the car to the dealer and they told me this is normal. Haha. What a joke. Anyways , I read on other forums that cutting the Crankshaft Position Sensor Replicated Signal wire is the solution. Anyone ever try or heard of this? I’m gonna take it to a car audio place and see what they say. They can’t do anything I’m gonna take this sub out.

Last edited:

Roll On

Reaction score
Another update. Brought the car to the dealer and they told me this is normal. Haha. What a joke. Anyways , I read on other forums that cutting the Crankshaft Position Sensor Replicated Signal wire is the solution. Anyone ever try or heard of this? I’m gonna take us to car audio one to dollar and see what they say. They can’t do anything I’m gonna take this sub out.
I would tend to think that the speaker is fine, just something with the program in the sound system is acting up. Bad grounds are good start.
I would recommend a different dealership or buying a service manual and reading through it, a lot of information on the troubleshooting process in there.

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would tend to think that the speaker is fine, just something with the program in the sound system is acting up. Bad grounds are good start.
I would recommend a different dealership or buying a service manual and reading through it, a lot of information on the troubleshooting process in
I would tend to think that the speaker is fine, just something with the program in the sound system is acting up. Bad grounds are good stI would recommend a different dealership or buying a service manual and reading through it, a lot of information on the troubleshooting process in there.
The speaker is fine. Music plays nicely. Supposedly the dealer turned off the active noise control. I was thinking of picking up one of those active noise control disablers first because it’s like $15.00. Then if that doesn’t work an actual car audio place that can hopefully diagnose the random feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel