Help with Double din radio install and appropriate harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently switched from an Axxess interface to a PAC. It's an older one, but I used it because it's what I had on hand. It operates much more smoothly than the Axxess. My only real complaint is that the blinker sound is very quiet and the warning and door open/key in ignition tones are a bit on the loud side. It looks like that GM11 has some improvements with an external (and adjustable?) chime box. I think you did good.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the chimes set to the 3rd (2nd most quiet) setting and it's still pretty loud. I'm gonna bury it in the dash.

Over all the wiring was intimidating but in the end it was pretty easy and straight forward

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the chimes set to the 3rd (2nd most quiet) setting and it's still pretty loud. I'm gonna bury it in the dash.

Over all the wiring was intimidating but in the end it was pretty easy and straight forward
you could try covering part of the chime speaker with tape, or cloth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz