Help with Double din radio install and appropriate harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my wife just got me a new pioneer avh2300 nex headunit.

I'm trying to figure out what harnesses I need to get to get it working. She got me a steering wheel control harness and module but I also have Bose and want to retain factory features. I dont use onstar and plan on one day shaving the antenna on the roof. But I want to get everything working asap.

This is the steering wheel control module.

20181225_180132.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can visit the axxess, pac or maestro website's and select your vehicle year/make/model and features and it will tell you what adapters you need, some adapters do not retain all of the Bose features such as front/rear fade or dsp. best to stick with all the same brand for best compatibility.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can visit the axxess, pac or maestro website's and select your vehicle year/make/model and features and it will tell you what adapters you need, some adapters do not retain all of the Bose features such as front/rear fade or dsp. best to stick with all the same brand for best compatibility.

I went to axxess's website, however, I did not see anything that would retain Bose. Nor did it have pricing.

Also is 1 better than the other and is the steering wheel harness I have the correct one

And if I dont want to keep onstar do I have to or can I skip it?

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok final harness I went by best buy to get the above harness. The guy said that would work work but recommended that I use this one.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541RP...search=pac_rp5-gm11_wiring_interface&skipvs=T

He said it's easier to use and install and does everything. He also price matched it which took a lot $40 off! So after returning the other 2 harnesses I have this cost me $10!!

I'm gonna wire everything up today and install this weekend when the dash kit and radio adapter comes in

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok final harness I went by best buy to get the above harness. The guy said that would work work but recommended that I use this one.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541RP...search=pac_rp5-gm11_wiring_interface&skipvs=T

He said it's easier to use and install and does everything. He also price matched it which took a lot $40 off! So after returning the other 2 harnesses I have this cost me $10!!

I'm gonna wire everything up today and install this weekend when the dash kit and radio adapter comes in
ya the pac modules work just fine, good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01