HELP! Wheel locks up when I lose traction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is currently snowing in my town. I took my truck out for a drive and anytime I lost traction, my driver rear wheel would lock up causing my ABS to surge. It is completely mind boggling to me and it’s kinda scaring me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try turning off your traction control I know it sounds odd but in my truck the traction control will hit the breaks and if you keep pushing it will finally just stop accepting signals from the gas pedal all together

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try turning off your traction control I know it sounds odd but in my truck the traction control will hit the breaks and if you keep pushing it will finally just stop accepting signals from the gas pedal all together

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Traction control on or off it still does the same thing

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get it on a scanner and check your readings from wheel hub sensors, no check engine light?, does it brake normal when driving normal? abs light on?

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get it on a scanner and check your readings from wheel hub sensors, no check engine light?, does it brake normal when driving normal? abs light on?
No codes for wheel hub sensors, just an o2 code. Brakes normal and no abs light

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would still get it on a scanner and get some live readings that is probably the only way to figure out it if there is no codes to go by, if you are viewing a live feed it will show exactly what is happening, could be a steering sensor, could be a weak battery, could be different tires front/rear? there could be codes stored in the abs which wouldn't necessarily throw a cel light on.

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still get it on a scanner and get some live readings that is probably the only way to figure out it if there is no codes to go by, if you are viewing a live feed it will show exactly what is happening, could be a steering sensor, could be a weak battery, could be different tires front/rear? there could be codes stored in the abs which wouldn't necessarily throw a cel light on.
I’ll get it on the good scanner and let you guys know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts