Help us find our YXL or Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, we are ready to pull the trigger but don't have to have it today. We are also willing to travel for the vehicle that checks all of our needs. But ideally not a rust belt car. We will probably do a PPE and we have a friend at a GM dealer to run the service.

Checklist:
  • 2018-20
  • 4WD
  • White
  • 2nd row captains
  • heated/cooled seats
  • <40K or less miles
  • mid $40K range

Go....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
start looking around the west coast including Las vegas and Texas, that's my best advice
you can use the vin decoder at chevroletforum.com to verify most details if it's not pictured or described.
prices are higher than normal and will continue to be for the immediate future so you may have to go above what you expected to spend.
also when possible look at the carfax to see where the vehicle came from, places like carvanna and carmax will move vehicles around you may find on average they seem to have the best deals though, when you look at those 2 dealers you will have to switch up your originating zipcode because they generally only search up to 500 miles from your zipcode.

Last edited:

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Form a near by resident...dont buy Texas based dealers. Only posted by owners, even at that...most vehicles down hear seem to be run hard and not as well cared for.

I suggest the PNW, or down the west coast...and do the research against the VIN.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Hoe came down from Wyoming and is essentially rust free. @swathdiver just picked up a truck in Idaho that's in good shape, so those may be good options, too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, we are ready to pull the trigger but don't have to have it today. We are also willing to travel for the vehicle that checks all of our needs. But ideally not a rust belt car. We will probably do a PPE and we have a friend at a GM dealer to run the service.

Checklist:
  • 2018-20
  • 4WD
  • White
  • 2nd row captains
  • heated/cooled seats
  • <40K or less miles
  • mid $40K range

Go....

Check out Laura Buick/GMC, they get cars from all over the country and have good prices. Set up searches for just what you want on Cars.com, Autolist, CarGurus and AutoTrader. Many dealers will list a car first without photos and then add them later. I call and ask for photos now. We also pay Compnine.com so we can use the VIN to look up the RPO sheets and see what options the cars that interest us have. Not all photos show everything you might want and not all salesman are go-getters, some are downright lazy.

Here are my kids picking up their truck in Idaho and the salesman who answered every question and took pictures of all we asked. The owner of the dealership even came by to say hello. They paid thousands under market value and now do not have to spend the $5k on the lift, wheels and tires, already done! On top of that, since the dealer knew the girls were driving it home 2500 miles, they performed $2600 in maintenance and repairs including changing out the oil cooler lines for the transmission and engine. All were happy including the guy who traded it in on a '21 AT4.

IMG_20210402_102205395_HDR(1).jpg David and Maria Carrillo.jpg

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am more concerned with the miles and service history. I'd sooner get a 17-18 w/30K than a 20 with 40K unless there is good reasons to step up to the newer year.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check out Laura Buick/GMC, they get cars from all over the country and have good prices. Set up searches for just what you want on Cars.com, Autolist, CarGurus and AutoTrader. Many dealers will list a car first without photos and then add them later. I call and ask for photos now. We also pay Compnine.com so we can use the VIN to look up the RPO sheets and see what options the cars that interest us have. Not all photos show everything you might want and not all salesman are go-getters, some are downright lazy.

Here are my kids picking up their truck in Idaho and the salesman who answered every question and took pictures of all we asked. The owner of the dealership even came by to say hello. They paid thousands under market value and now do not have to spend the $5k on the lift, wheels and tires, already done! On top of that, since the dealer knew the girls were driving it home 2500 miles, they performed $2600 in maintenance and repairs including changing out the oil cooler lines for the transmission and engine. All were happy including the guy who traded it in on a '21 AT4.

View attachment 276770 View attachment 276771

Wish you'd have let us know that you were going by on your way home -- we'd have tried hard to get up to Cheyenne to buy you dinner and have a TYF meetup!

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish you'd have let us know that you were going by on your way home -- we'd have tried hard to get up to Cheyenne to buy you dinner and have a TYF meetup!

I didn't go, girls went. I'm still in recovery from my hospital stays. I know what you mean though, they passed by and through many towns where you guys live. But they were on a mission to get home and back to work as soon as possible. They did spend the night in Cheyenne coincidentally. St. Louis too and then booked it home.

In a year or so I definitely want to get out there myself and to Monument Valley and always try to say hello to fellow forum members whenever possible. Was once minutes away from meeting up with Pete from here when my door lock acted up and I was stuck in the truck and called it off. I was so upset over that. Pulled into my driveway and my wife calmly opened the door normally and it never acted up again. Looks like Pete has taken a sabbatical from here again, haven't seen him on in a while.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oddly, i can second the use of Laura Buick/GMC...i am a Southern Illinois native and Laura is a mere 20 miles or so away. I have had several friends work there in all areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157