Help troubleshooting adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

security6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Escalade ESV (more or less same thing as a Yukon XL Denali) and the adaptive cruise control is not working. Specifically, it displays the message "Adaptive cruise control temporarily unavailable".

We went on a trip over Christmas and the adaptive cruise control worked great. The vehicle hasn't been in any accidents recently and we haven't made any changes/updates/repairs since our trip. In other words, the adaptive cruise control just stopped working out of the blue. I have tried it several times over the past few weeks and get the same "temporarily unavailable" message everytime. We live in South Carolina so snow/ice accumulation is not an issue.

Here are details on my attempts to figure it out:
(1) Lane tracking works fine (the seat buzzes if I drift out of my lane)
(2) Parking sensors, front and rear, work fine (I get the yellow then red indicators on the instrument panel as I get closer to an object)
(3) I don't get the white vehicle symbol anymore (the one that appears when you are following another vehicle)
(4) I scanned codes with my Autel scanner and I got U0265 (lost communication with left front short range radar sensor module), U0268 (lost communication with right front short range radar sensor module), and U0269 (lost communication with long range radar sensor module).

Based on the codes, I'm guessing there is an issue with the wiring to the cruise control control module, or possibly an issue to the control module itself.

Can anyone point me towards a wiring diagram for the radar sensors and associated control module? Any ideas on what/where I should check to look for issues? Hoping to avoid taking this to the dealer. Thanks!

phottomatt

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my Yukon XL, worked fine then all of a sudden "service Adaptive cruise control" every time I start it. Also I'm unable to turn off the forward collision warning, not sure if that's related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu