Help selecting a double din touchscreen with BT for my '03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Rush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wanting to install a with double din touchscreen with BT and handsfree for my '03 LS, but I also want it to look somewhat seamless. I also want it to work with Android Auto, and don't want to spend half a fortune. I'm pretty handy with removing panels and routing wire, so I probably don't need professional installation.

Also, for those that have done this, how is the handsfree BT audio? Is there any feedback from the speakers to the other party?

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to need a harness adapter (i never recommend cutting off the factory plug), steering wheel control interface (there are a couple different options for this. Some keep OnStar and chimes, some don't) a dash trim kit, and an antenna adapter. If you want satellite radio, you'll need a SXV300 tuner for most radios. Crutchfield is a good resource for the adapters and dash kit.

Depends on your definition of "half a fortune." I don't mind spending money on audio. I put a Kenwood Excelon DMX906S in my 05 Tahoe. It has wireless Android Auto and wireless mirroring. With the dash kit and wiring it was ~$550. The wired version is cheaper (more like $350 with adapters and stuff), but the wireless is very convenient when you're just taking a short trip around town. The wired version is a DMX706S.

I haven't had any issues with feedback from the speakers and the voice commands work really well.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JVC has some decent 2XDIN units. For a real price point, look into Farenheit. Had a flip-out in my pickup till a drink got spilled into. Put one a friends kid's Tahoe. Maybe an 02? Worked great for him. I did have to use a new dash bezel in order to make it look good around the face of the new head unit. Cost more then new had unit, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy