Help Please- Suspension RPO Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjmclea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been searching all over trying to figure out what type of air suspension is in my wife’s 2015 Yukon SLE. It has the trailering package with air shocks for sure in the rear. The rear shocks finally gave way so I am trying to get replacements ordered but I don’t see the standard Z55/Z95/ZW7 RPO code on the service parts identification. Initially I thought since it was a base model SLE it likely just had the premium smooth ride suspension but I’m not seeing that RPO code.

Can anybody identify what this thing has for a rear suspension based on the attached photo?

Attachments

• A72840D5-716B-456C-BF18-6E59C4D85A96.jpeg
    A72840D5-716B-456C-BF18-6E59C4D85A96.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 25

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been searching all over trying to figure out what type of air suspension is in my wife’s 2015 Yukon SLE. It has the trailering package with air shocks for sure in the rear. The rear shocks finally gave way so I am trying to get replacements ordered but I don’t see the standard Z55/Z95/ZW7 RPO code on the service parts identification. Initially I thought since it was a base model SLE it likely just had the premium smooth ride suspension but I’m not seeing that RPO code.

Can anybody identify what this thing has for a rear suspension based on the attached photo?
Well, if I am not mistaken, Z82 is HD Trailering; Z85 is HD Suspension.

Maybe @915_Tahoe can help get you part numbers since the last 6 digits of your VIN are visible in the photo.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

are you 100% sure those are air shocks in the rear? do they have a air bladder?
please upload a photo of them.

OP
OP
T

tjmclea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you 100% sure those are air shocks in the rear? do they have a air bladder?
please upload a photo of them.
Yep 100% sure. It has auto level and you can hear the compressor run. The shocks have the air bladder. I’ll snap a photo of the shocks when we get back home from the holiday weekend.

My biggest struggle is understanding what version of air shock I need to purchase to replace the stock shock. Thinking it must use the same shock as the other (non magnaride) air shocks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep 100% sure. It has auto level and you can hear the compressor run. The shocks have the air bladder. I’ll snap a photo of the shocks when we get back home from the holiday weekend.

My biggest struggle is understanding what version of air shock I need to purchase to replace the stock shock. Thinking it must use the same shock as the other (non magnaride) air shocks.
well what's weird is the air shocks are z95 and that code is not in your list that was posted, nothing matches your z-codes
regardless you should be able to just order z95 oem or the comparable arnott and they "should" work just fine.
rockauto has them with a lifetime warranty and prices are fair.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z95 is Magneride.

Z85 is your suspension package. For 2017 it's called Premium Smooth Ride with Air Leveler.

NHT is your max trailering package.

Your rig was made to tow the maximums.

OP
OP
T

tjmclea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I ordered 2 ACDELCO 5401721 shocks and a new Dorman compressor. Fingers crossed the shocks are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter