Help please its cold and no heat in the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johno316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 Tahoe LT with the dual auto climate control Last winter the heat in the front stopped working. The aux for the rear still worked it sucked but I toughened it out for the winter. My doors seem to switch from defrost to floor and front blow fine but no heat ever comes out the front. I've checked coolant level that's good both heater hoses are hot so that leaves me to an actuator issue??? I have already tried the reset for the doors it cycled through everything fine just no heat.... driver side and passenger side are just blowing cold air. I'm in wisconsin and the high by my house was 28 today I need some heat in this thing. Help would be much appreciated thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 Tahoe LT with the dual auto climate control Last winter the heat in the front stopped working. The aux for the rear still worked it sucked but I toughened it out for the winter. My doors seem to switch from defrost to floor and front blow fine but no heat ever comes out the front. I've checked coolant level that's good both heater hoses are hot so that leaves me to an actuator issue??? I have already tried the reset for the doors it cycled through everything fine just no heat.... driver side and passenger side are just blowing cold air. I'm in wisconsin and the high by my house was 28 today I need some heat in this thing. Help would be much appreciated thanks
Sounds like you just need to replace the actuator, check youtube for "how to" video's its a pretty easy straightforward job
there is (3) 7mm or 8mm bolts on the kickpanel under the glove box on the passenger side, once you have that off the actuator is easily accessible, just remove and replace and then put the kick panel back on.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, john. Yeah, we're gonna drop down to single digits tonite (NE WI).

Have you ever reverse-flushed the heater core? If you have a garage or someplace out of the elements to work, I would start there. Even after the system is up to operating temp, there is no heat at all - even if you increase the rpm's to 3000 +/- and hold them there? Having some heat at high rpm's but nothing at idle speed is a sign of a clogged heater core.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Sounds like you just need to replace the actuator, check youtube for "how to" video's its a pretty easy straightforward job
there is (3) 7mm or 8mm bolts on the kickpanel under the glove box on the passenger side, once you have that off the actuator is easily accessible, just remove and replace and then put the kick panel back on.

MODE actuator.

Thauber

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Those are some harsh temps to handle with no heat. You said you did the HVAC reset, but did you check to make sure the blend door actuators were moving? You said dual auto control, so I'm assuming you have the dials with a digital display and not the slides. The driver's side blend door is under the passenger side dash right against the center console. Passenger blend is a bit harder to get to, but can be seen by pulling the left air vent for the passenger and shine a flashlight in there. Actually watch to see if the plastic center piece rotates when you change the dial from 60 to 90. If they don't rotate, take it to someone that has a Tech 2 and let them test to see if it is the actuators or the main control, or both. If the actuators do rotate properly, then you start digging into what's up with the heater core. Best of luck!

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your coolant. I had no heat at the beginning of the week and thought I needed to fix something in the hvac system. Then I checked my over flow and hoses. My heater core hoses were cool to the touch so I filled up my overflow (which was empty Haha) and all was good. Super hot in the truck now.

Hopefully that's all you need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645