HELP!!! Part Number for 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2 Intake PCV elbow????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that video, he is putting on a cathedral-port intake. I will need the rectangle-port intake for my application. With more time available today, I tried to 'pull' the item with a pair of ChannelLock pliers...and it did NOT budge...like...at all. I fear that the dealership is correct that for this particular application, the unit is indeed part of the intake. I will be modifying an outlet of a plastic T fitting to fit just inside of what's left of the existing piece, and epoxy them together. I can't risk breaking the manifold as this needs to be running by Monday and GM said I'd be about a week out on that if they ordered it.

Just trying to help others avoid this. If you have a 2007-ish Denali (6.2) and you need to remove the intake, just cut the hose off. Don't bother trying to risk breaking it. Lesson learned! :)

And thanks to everyone who was helpful. I also saw RockAuto's picture...so I thought it might be removeable, but it doesn't appear so.
The part number I provided is for a rectangular port intake and got it from GMPartsDirect and the application is for our 2012 6.2 L9H. You are correct in that GMPD does not show it separate for your 2007 6.2 and it does not show it separate for my 2009 5.3 or that guy's 2008 Suburban in the video as well. The PN# for your 6.2 intake and my 2012s is also different.

I'm going to message that guy and ask for the PN that he is using for those who come along later.

OP
OP
M

MLRTYME

Reaction score
So, I did this:

Took a vacuum hose connector and cut it in half. Took one side and 'trimmed' down the size of the tubing with a dremel and sanding wheel. Then opened up the ID of the broken PCV connector just enough to let it slide in. Some JB Weld Plastic Epoxy to sit overnight...and I'll sand it down slightly tomorrow to help make it smooth for any hose to go over. Then install tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

YukonPCVConnector.jpg

YukonPCVRepaired.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I did this:

Took a vacuum hose connector and cut it in half. Took one side and 'trimmed' down the size of the tubing with a dremel and sanding wheel. Then opened up the ID of the broken PCV connector just enough to let it slide in. Some JB Weld Plastic Epoxy to sit overnight...and I'll sand it down slightly tomorrow to help make it smooth for any hose to go over. Then install tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 352376

View attachment 352377
Nick wrote back, the guy doing the rebuild of the 'Burb on YouTube. He said that line is 12607406 and looks like this:

Fglobal%2Fimages%2Fprod%2Fxlarge%2Fado-12607406_xl.jpg

It is not the "dirty" line, it's the "clean" line. Now I can see why you couldn't pull that puppy out of there with those barbs!

OP
OP
M

MLRTYME

Reaction score
So, I did this:

View attachment 352376

View attachment 352377
Followup to my initial post: The JB Weld is holding well...and the truck is up and running. I am getting an Check Engine light, but it seems to be running well. Considering I had a sub-standard head gasket let go...and the amount work I had to do in order to get it sorted, I might need to do a camshaft relearn or something. No biggie...just pull out the Tech II and get to work. Read some codes...do some troubleshooting.

In the mean time, the 'fix' on the intake is holding, for any guys needing to do something like this on your rides. I'll take any wins I can get at this stage! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy