HELP!!! Part Number for 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2 Intake PCV elbow????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MLRTYME

Reaction score
Help all! I had a small mishap with the recently built engine and needed to tear things apart again. I tried to remove the hose to my catch can from the PCV elbow on the top of the intake. Sure enough, the sucker broke trying to remove the tubing. Does anyone have that PN handy so I can try to get another? From what I can tell, if you get a new intake, that part does not come with it. But after searching this forum for PCV anything, and trying both RockAuto and GM Parts Direct, I'm stuck without knowing the correct nomenclature for that part.

Hoping anyone can help with the part number...or I'm stuck trying to JB-weld mine back together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MLRTYME

Reaction score
Pic for reference: YukonPVCBroken.jpg

Also, extra points for anyone that can tell me how to remove the darn thing!!!! Does it twist out? Pull out? Again, with no part number, I'm left Google-less. :bawl:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic for reference: View attachment 352234

Also, extra points for anyone that can tell me how to remove the darn thing!!!! Does it twist out? Pull out? Again, with no part number, I'm left Google-less. :bawl:
12597774 - Dirty Air PCV Valve Tube (description at GMPartsDirect for our 2012 6.2)

Give the last 8 of your VIN to Rene @915_Tahoe to verify.

It is friction fit, pulls straight up and out.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I had called the local GMC and they said it's part of the intake...and that the intake would be $320! Ughh! Crazy!

@915_Tahoe - ....7J329464

This pic at RA looks like it just shoves down in there and the dealer is trying to rip you off. Looks like it is shoved down in to the black grommet and the new part has an orange colored seal on the tube that probably seats at the grommet.
I had just watched a video this morning of a guy installing that on his intake and then putting the intake back on the truck. It is part of the intake but you don't have to buy the whole thing to get it.

OP
OP
M

MLRTYME

Reaction score
I had just watched a video this morning of a guy installing that on his intake and then putting the intake back on the truck. It is part of the intake but you don't have to buy the whole thing to get it.

Looking at that video, he is putting on a cathedral-port intake. I will need the rectangle-port intake for my application. With more time available today, I tried to 'pull' the item with a pair of ChannelLock pliers...and it did NOT budge...like...at all. I fear that the dealership is correct that for this particular application, the unit is indeed part of the intake. I will be modifying an outlet of a plastic T fitting to fit just inside of what's left of the existing piece, and epoxy them together. I can't risk breaking the manifold as this needs to be running by Monday and GM said I'd be about a week out on that if they ordered it.

Just trying to help others avoid this. If you have a 2007-ish Denali (6.2) and you need to remove the intake, just cut the hose off. Don't bother trying to risk breaking it. Lesson learned! :)

And thanks to everyone who was helpful. I also saw RockAuto's picture...so I thought it might be removeable, but it doesn't appear so.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Strange indeed. So, the pic at RA is for a cathedral port intake but not for the rectangle port intake, correct? Would that mean if it was cathedral, then that part # listed at RA is serviceable but not with the other. I wonder why they designed it that way, to be easy for one but impossible for the other?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE