Help- lights- stabilitytrak, stability control, abs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RockGMC2008

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you - it's currently at the second shop.

I just can't believe that the first shop changed the wheel speed sensor and balanced the tires and could not see any warning signs of this? And all that damage happened in 75mile after leaving the first shop? Is my thinking wrong?
I feel pretty confident in the second shops assessment- but feel the first shop could have prevented some of this damage and not put me and everywhere person on the interstate in danger?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel pretty confident in the second shops assessment- but feel the first shop could have prevented some of this damage and not put me and everywhere person on the interstate in danger?
bad hub could have been overlooked by the 1st shop or maybe it was on the edge of going bad and it only showed signs of the abs being funky, it is rare for just the "sensor" to go bad, usually that is your first warning sign that the hub is going to fail.
I have had a hub go from a little noise to full on metal on metal grinding in less than 50 miles so it is possible.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you - it's currently at the second shop.

I just can't believe that the first shop changed the wheel speed sensor and balanced the tires and could not see any warning signs of this? And all that damage happened in 75mile after leaving the first shop? Is my thinking wrong?
Your thinking isn't wrong. A good tech would've had an ear or feal for it. Unfortunately, the days of good techs aren't what they used to be. A test drive should've told them so. They probably just looked at the work order and did the easiest fix to make money. FLAT RATE doesn't ever give the best results.

Been there, done that, have a few t-shirts (that's why I work in power generation now). Good techs will go the extra mile to make sure there isn't a comeback. Unfortunately, it seems as though the comeback game has gotten skewed.........most like everything in today's 1 hurt feeling world.

In the future use your senses, like you did, and just learn what your truck feels,sounds,handles like and you will tune into things amiss.

OP
OP
R

RockGMC2008

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your thinking isn't wrong. A good tech would've had an ear or feal for it. Unfortunately, the days of good techs aren't what they used to be. A test drive should've told them so. They probably just looked at the work order and did the easiest fix to make money. FLAT RATE doesn't ever give the best results.

Been there, done that, have a few t-shirts (that's why I work in power generation now). Good techs will go the extra mile to make sure there isn't a comeback. Unfortunately, it seems as though the comeback game has gotten skewed.........most like everything in today's 1 hurt feeling world.

In the future use your senses, like you did, and just learn what your truck feels,sounds,handles like and you will tune into things amiss.
Thank you