Help installing double DIN touchscreen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

remix919

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I got the GMOS-04 and everything worked perfectly :)

nkosmo

Reaction score
Once you get the right harness (or get it working with that harness). Make sure you get & install the steering wheel control module so that you can retain your steering wheel controls with your new stereo. I installed it when i put in my double din, it is easy to install and worth every penny. Here is a link to the one i used:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=212&Cate..

I also put in the factory integration adapter to retain OnStar, factory door chimes, and audible safety warnings in select GM vehicles. Here is a link to the one i used:

www.crtchfield.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/p_120GMOS01/Metra-GMOS-01-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html

Good luck & enjoy the new stereo!

Frey0011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went through the same install in my 2003 Yukon with Bose and no On-Star. Having all of those wires was a little overwhelming especially when you don't actually use them all! I looked on Crutchfield to figure out the parts I needed, then ordered everything on Amazon. The hardest part for me was I actually had to read the instructions for the steering wheel control harness. Out of all those wires it was just three that got connected, red, black and pink (for my model). Setup for the steering wheel controls was straightforward too, after reading the instructions and pushing the right buttons (volume up repeatedly, at the right time). I also added a backup camera to mine. I installed a Kenwood DDX470, Axxess GMOS 04 harness, Metra ASWC-1 steering wheel control, Metra 40-GM10 antenna adapter and a cheap backup camera. Our local shop wanted $125 to install it if I brought in my own stuff but I managed on my own with a few hours of time. Also, even though the Yukon has a big dash that is a lot of stuff to cram behind there. I had to cut out a little piece of plastic in front of the metal support bar to make the radio go back far enough.

Edit: I also put in the SiriusXM sxv200 that I got at Best Buy.

Last edited:

dbtahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ontop of what everyone else said, be sure to crimp or solder those cables dont tape them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts