Help Deciding on Next Ride ...Update: Bought!

Pick it!

• Tahoe LTZ

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Yukon Denali

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Cadillac Escalade

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Range Rover Sport SC

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say RR off the top, but I too have heard that they are maintenance nightmares. I picked up my hyhoe from a jag/range rover dealership and the sales guys mentioned the new 2011 (at the time) RRSC had all the bugs worked out and they are trouble free...However, from what I know of your Serge, you like to be different. Ranges are a dime a dozen on the east coast. I am originally from MD and they are as common as civics. Thats not to say that Tahoes, Denali's, and Eskys are not... But a blown tahoe, denali, or Esky is pure hotness..

With that being said, my vote goes to the Esky. Tahoe's interiors are too sub par to me and I dig the front end of the Esky the most. Check out D3 Research & Design, they tune caddys and I believe they are authorized through GM so your warranty would not be voided. Nothing sicker than a supercharged or turbo'ed SUV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOVHHKpJETE

THe sound of this thing is so menacing!

This thing is SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

LOL yea Steve it's made for 50 and under. They made it so anyone above that age thinks that :)

Good one. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm parked next to a black ltz with retractable assist steps with the metallic outside trim. They look nice but the metal on the steps looks like a dull steel and doesn't match the chrome of the handles/door moldings. It looks weird to me.

I like the side skirt effect of the retractable steps but I'm not sire why they didn't chrome them the same way as the non-retractable Denali boards.

Or is there another variation of these?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might be the angle Serge. Those running boards point downwards and reflect off the ground a darker look? You could always find an older 09 Tahoe with power steps that don't have the chrome (ours does not have chrome).

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't like the Denali headlight design. No offense to current nali owners. I say spend the next few weeks looking for that evasive 6.2 tahoe. If all else fails, then go for the Esky.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't like the Denali headlight design. No offense to current nali owners. I say spend the next few weeks looking for that evasive 6.2 tahoe. If all else fails, then go for the Esky.

If we're just basing it on looks of front end design I'd go

1. Hoe
2. Nali
3. Esky

With the Hoe running away with it as looking the best between the 3. I, too, would hold out for the 6.2 Hoe and then mod that as desired. IMO a 6.2 Hoe would take the cake as far as performance. The only downside is the interior may not be quite as nice as that of a Nali or Esky :shrug:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm parked next to a black ltz with retractable assist steps with the metallic outside trim. They look nice but the metal on the steps looks like a dull steel and doesn't match the chrome of the handles/door moldings. It looks weird to me.

I like the side skirt effect of the retractable steps but I'm not sire why they didn't chrome them the same way as the non-retractable Denali boards.

Or is there another variation of these?

Hmmmmmmmmm???? I am reliving my WHEEL SHOPPING SPREE, as it does not appear to be any easier to help Mr. Serge "Tahoe/Denali/Esky/RR SHOPPING". ;)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we're just basing it on looks of front end design I'd go

1. Hoe
2. Nali
3. Esky

With the Hoe running away with it as looking the best between the 3. I, too, would hold out for the 6.2 Hoe and then mod that as desired. IMO a 6.2 Hoe would take the cake as far as performance. The only downside is the interior may not be quite as nice as that of a Nali or Esky :shrug:

I completely disagree with this

challenge.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217