Help Deciding on Next Ride ...Update: Bought!

Pick it!

• Tahoe LTZ

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Yukon Denali

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Cadillac Escalade

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Range Rover Sport SC

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New ride purchased!!! Update here: http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=415969#post415969

-----------------------------------

So in a month or two I'l be getting a new (to me) truck ...

These are the choices, all of them 10 or 11 model year:

1. Tahoe LTZ 4x4. Least expensive but let the mods begin.

2. Yukon Denali AWD. Slightly m0ar but less mods.

3. Escalade Premium. This will have to have slightly higher miles and may even be an 09 but few to no mods.

4. Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

All of these come to around $50k give or take a grand. I love the RR but it's a bit of a trust fund habibi vehicle here in DC ... but 500hp is 500hp. The major down side of the RR is hat I won't be getting to have as much fun here on TYF, which surprisingly enough, bothers me quite a bit.

The other GM trucks you know well ... I'm actually not that fond of the Esky front end, not crazy about the Denali headlights either. I absolutely love the Tahoe but it's the 5.3.

The perfect ride for me would be a rare 09 LTZ 6.2 with less than 25k miles ... if I spot one I'd buy it yesterday. But since that seems unlikely, please vote and help me make a decision.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supercharged Tahoe-clipped Denali.

Those Range Rovers are epic fail.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the RR, but that's where it ends. They're quirky, the quality should be better for the price, the ergonomics aren't intuitive... The Escalade would be my choice.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Esky in my book. My wife keeps bugging me to get a Range Rover for her next car but just not to sure about them. For the price they have a lot of issues from what I heard. Or Get a Tahoe with Esky back and supercharge!!

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
i say the tahoe LTZ. with the money you save you could put it into the engine and bring that 5.3 alive

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denali so that you can get a lower mileage compared to esky and I think denali's look better than esky IMO

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's an idea ... buy a Denali and swap hood and bumpers to a Tahoe's. and tails/applique/3rd to that of the esky. And voila ... a 6.2 Tahoe with the right tails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts