Help! Both the Stabilitrak/Traction Control and ABS lights are lit up on my DIC!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this happened in my store I would have just paid to get it fixed I'm sorry you had a bad experience in one of our stores. I hate seeing something so stupid not get handled correctly. The manager should have taken care of you.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ya Felix, I had things like that happen where it's wrong but it's just not worth the time to fight to get my money back. Just signed up for Legalshield tho so I'll be happy to have their lawyers deal with anything like this that comes up now and in the future... :)

LoHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which sensor did you have to replace? My light keeps coming on in my Tahoe. I check the plugs on the frame and they are all plugged in. Im not sure what else to look at to fix this problem.

Skizzot

Reaction score
When they jacked up your car on the frame lift the wheels and tires probably sagged down far enough for your rear hub speed sensors to come disconnected from the connector on to of the frame rail.
Find the little wire like things coming from your rear rotor area and follow them to the frame rail and ensure they are plugged in.
You can also do the same for the fronts if that does not work, but it is more likely to be the rear in your case.

^^ Yep. I just put on a leveling kit and this happened. I checked for tension on the speed sensor cable and it seemed fine at the wheel when the suspension was maxed out. (I didn't see the connectors or I would have unplugged them myself.) On top of each rail there is a connector, simply plug them back in. This was a diagnostic nightmare for me because I also replaced both front hub assemblies/speed sensors at the time of the leveling kit, so I assumed a problem with those. After plugging in the old sensors and still getting the stabilitrac/abs lights, I found the rear connectors disconnected.

Catish_BigD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When they jacked up your car on the frame lift the wheels and tires probably sagged down far enough for your rear hub speed sensors to come disconnected from the connector on to of the frame rail.
Find the little wire like things coming from your rear rotor area and follow them to the frame rail and ensure they are plugged in.
You can also do the same for the fronts if that does not work, but it is more likely to be the rear in your case.
Awesome! 9 years after your post, your tip was exactly what happened to me. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk