HELP - 2008 Tahoe - Leveling kit? Biggest tires? Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aimcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My husband and I have a 08 Tahoe LT 4WD its all stock but we want to fix it up some - we thought about the front end leveling kit? If we do this what would be the biggest tire size and wheel size combination we can do? Something that would not rub and would beef the vehicle up some.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2/1 level and i'm running 275/70/18 on 18x9 +18 wheels. Even with the stock wheels it required a good bit of trimming to fit...with the current aftermarket wheels, it took a LOT of trimming.

OP
OP
A

Aimcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What could I do that would not require a lot of trimming? What is a 2/1 leveling kit?

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What could I do that would not require a lot of trimming? What is a 2/1 leveling kit?

Not much. I believe 285/65 is the biggest you can go on 18's and I don't know what the equivalent is for 20's. Anything that's a decent bump in size is going to require at minimum the norcal mod. There's tons of info on here if you search though, it's how I decided what to do. I wasn't content with the small tires that came stock nor the barely bigger options that actually fit, so I decided to really push it to get to 33's and just make it work. It works fine, I have zero rubbing, but it took a good bit of modification.

Oh and a 2/1 level = 2" front, 1" rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517