HELP! 04 TahoeZ 5.3 flex Dieing while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timr847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there guys. I'm having issue with my tahoe. It dies while driving at 75 or 30 mph. Seems to happen when i start to give more gas while driving. I will put in neutral and coast at same time trying to restart sometimes it does right away and sometimes need to completely stop turn off and restart sometimes starts right back up and sometimes it will sputter and continue to run after i turn off key to try and restart, but it will eventually restart. But what can it be, I've been searching all day for this issue. It started happening about 7mnths a go. Assumed it was fuel filter changed it 6mnths a go and seemed to go away. Then it started up again om my way home for WI. Doing 75 and it would die, not completely but slowly like the gas stopped flowing. But it would start back up again, Then would do intermintenly Happen 3 times after driving about 160 miles, then would happen more often rest of way home(9 times before i got home). All the research i did came up with Fuel pump Relay? Fuel Pump? Crankshaft Position sensor? If anyone had/has same issue were you able to correct and if you did what was it ? Thanks, Tim. Sorry if posted earlier, I didnt see 1st post so i assumed i didnt send it right?

OP
OP
T

timr847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update

I replaced fuel pump relay. It didnt help with problem, still dying ?

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be your fuel pump. Go to Autozone and rent a fuel pressure gauge and attach it in such a way that you can see the gauge while you're driving down the road. My guess is you need a new fuel pump.

OP
OP
T

timr847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestion. What am i looking for when reading fuel pressure gauge, certain pressure # and would you know what it should be at? Thanks, Tim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A