Hello from the Carolinas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
I recently agreed to keep an 02 Tahoe LT in the family. My parents purchased the vehicle new in CA and used it as a daily driver for about 5 years. In 07 they bought a new Tahoe and drove the 02 to FL to use when vacationing. The vehicle has been well maintained and garaged its entire life. It is Red Fire Metallic on Tan Leather and has just under 150k miles on it. My parents no longer need the vehicle in FL so I will be bringing it up to the Carolinas (just south of Charlotte) within the next couple of months.

Short term plans for the Tahoe include Escalade roof rack (already purchased off craigslist), Escalade rear vent covers, Silverado HD hood, newer OEM 20" Denali wheels and a complete de-badging and removal of the side door moldings. I am hoping after 12+ years the de-badging and molding removal can be done without too much grief and an obvious difference in the paint color.

Thanks for sharing your forum!

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I got a great deal on rear vent caps today. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, the hunt or the kill? They will go in the garage next to the roof rack while we await the arrival of the truck.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! my home state is NC Fayettenam
Wait Yeti is from NC?

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Friday was a rough night! Any of you other guys in South Charlotte get hit with hail? We've got substantial damage to our home and both of our cars. It's a good thing the Tahoe is still in FL. A neighbor friend of mine had his home looked at yesterday. His damage totaled $15K. Luckily both of his cars were in the garage. We were not so lucky. We have a 2012 SUV that is worth too much not to fix but I'm guessing our older car will be a total loss. Here's hoping you all escaped similar fate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10