Hello from Dillon, CO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajdemo76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, glad to be part of this forum. I'm not a current owner, but I bought an 09' Tahoe years ago and had it for less than 2 years before I totaled it. I was driving at night in southern CO and a car was coming at me with his brights and off road lights. I couldn't see a thing in front of me and just let my foot off the gas to slow down when two full grown elk were standing in front of me. I loved that Tahoe!
So here I am, with a goal of finally buying another one when I turn 50 in a couple years and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all of you on the current models before I buy.
IMG_2149.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 1

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from WI! I love exploring in CO, beautiful state.

Holy crap on the carnage! Looks like it did what it was supposed to. Sorry about the damage, hope all are well.

This is a great forum. Read up on stuff and best of luck on your future purchase!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome neighbor from Brighton, CO!

The only thing I would add to your search, see if you can find one of those real off road style bumpers... Like from Setina. I say real, cause some of the other aftermarket versions couldnt stop an angry dog!

Those front mounted "cattle guard" bumpers have saved my company 34000 in just the last 2 weeks!. Its great when all you have to do after wiping out a moose/elf/deer/cow is take it to the car wash, and spray the fur/blood off!

This is not for the faint of heart!!
1000001050.jpg

Edit: The bumper we use on our company trucks weighs in at 600 lbs!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ajdemo76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Coeur D'Alene, Idaho! That was some extensive damage! Hopefully, you weren't injured.
No injuries luckily, only shocked at the time. Airbags didn't even go off because their bodies fell into the engine and didn't trigger the sensor. I've also had a Ford Focus for 17 years and I wouldn't be here if I was driving that at the time I'm sure.

OP
OP
A

ajdemo76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome neighbor from Brighton, CO!

The only thing I would add to your search, see if you can find one of those real off road style bumpers... Like from Setina. I say real, cause some of the other aftermarket versions couldnt stop an angry dog!

Those front mounted "cattle guard" bumpers have saved my company 34000 in just the last 2 weeks!. Its great when all you have to do after wiping out a moose/elf/deer/cow is take it to the car wash, and spray the fur/blood off!

This is not for the faint of heart!!
Wow! That is a mess. I was actually looking into them at the time but never pulled the trigger. That one you got there looks pretty serious! I hit them 20 minutes north of Alamosa where there's a fence that stops wildlife and leads them to the highway. They've since then put up a flashing yellow light and wildlife sign at that spot.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is a mess. I was actually looking into them at the time but never pulled the trigger. That one you got there looks pretty serious! I hit them 20 minutes north of Alamosa where there's a fence that stops wildlife and leads them to the highway. They've since then put up a flashing yellow light and wildlife sign at that spot.
Yes, they are serious.. Tow points on the front of Semi's are behind the plastic bumper, and you usually end up destroying the bumper. This bumper brings that attachment point out, and is strong enough to be towed by. I dont think they make anything this strong for the standard car and truck, as they are heavy. This is the LIGHT duty model, and is 600 lbs. We have heavy duty models on some of our trucks, and they weigh in at 950 lbs!

Edit: Heavy Duty
d80965bbf5564275bbcafa066e235a4a.jpg

Light Duty:
E1G90RtXsAIoSCf.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts