Heater problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zomeizter

zomeizter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I finally found the problem!!!:headbang:
Upon removal of the water pump I noticed something was rattling inside it as if marbles were inside it, so I removed the back cover/plate and found the impeller spinning freely on the WP shaft! How in the hell was this truck not overheating!!? Upon closer examination, I was spinning the pulley by hand and noticed that the impeller would spin a little bit, which explains why the truck was not overheating and was actually moving some coolant across the radiator but did not have enough pressure to circulate it through the heater hoses and core. Off to the parts house to resolve this issue once and for all!! :D Outcome to follow, stay tuned...

OP
OP
zomeizter

zomeizter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Success!:happy3: Heater works wonderfully after a new water pump was installed and cooling system was properly purged. I went ahead and did the Mark VIII efan setup as well and it all works extremely nice. Thanks to everyone involved in this matter, have a great one :chewie::D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20