heater control unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98hoe99sub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could anyone here tell me how hard it will be to replace the heater a/c unit on a 98 hoe? Won't switch off of defrost and she is bitching about her cold feet all the time. Any tips or pics would be greatly appreciated.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Your dash bezel gets removed by hand by unsnapping from dash. Disconnect any cabling going to switches mounted in bezel and set aside. You HVAC module either snaps in or is screwed in the dash . Just remove it and disconnect cables.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
+1...but it will probably be easiest if you put the gear selector in first (with engine off) and watch your hazard button..(they break off easy) all the harnesses only go one way so cant mix them up

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a word of advice; when you are removing the dash bezel, unsnap all of the clips and pull the top off first and then lift the whole thing off. It wont come out if you try to pull out the bottom first and then lift it out. Atleast thats how it was for me. By trying to do the bottom first I just ended up tearing the rubber at the base of the gear shifter. You have to be in first gear and the steering wheel has to be all of the way down. Its pretty simple though! Good luck

1astrsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does the temp and fan speed work? on my 95 yuk, there is a servo just above the gas pedal on the black plastic heater box. that is were my flow direction is changed. might be worth looking into. just my .02. good luck bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879