Heated/Cooled passenger seat won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Reaper73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with the 6.2 liter gas engine. Both my driver and passenger seat heating/cooling didn't work. I replaced the module under the passenger seat. The power wire connector burned out and damaged the module connector.
Now, the driver seat works perfect. Heating and cooling works.
The passenger seat still doesn't work. When I try either heating or cooling, I can hear the fan run for about 3 seconds and then it shuts off. I hear a click also.
Could it be the heating/cooling pad on the passenger seat?

Can anybody help me? Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with the 6.2 liter gas engine. Both my driver and passenger seat heating/cooling didn't work. I replaced the module under the passenger seat. The power wire connector burned out and damaged the module connector.
Now, the driver seat works perfect. Heating and cooling works.
The passenger seat still doesn't work. When I try either heating or cooling, I can hear the fan run for about 3 seconds and then it shuts off. I hear a click also.
Could it be the heating/cooling pad on the passenger seat?

Can anybody help me? Thanks

Welcome to the forum Scott. Nice to see you have one of the coveted 6.2 Tahoes!

Some other guys will be along soon enough, including a fellow 6.2 owner @mikeyss

It's best to pull the internal codes from the BCM so you'll know exactly what went wrong. Some guys here though, may know by your symptoms. A Tech-2 would be mighty handy to have in this situation.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's seat has been acting up lately. Sometimes it won't turn on with the remote, but if I turn the ignition off then back on, it works normally. I replaced my driver's foam pad and it feels nice. I also had the burnt connector under the seat, but the module was ok.

Welcome and enjoy your sleeper Tahoe, I know I do, haha. Get a blackbear tune and you'll love it even more.

Last edited:

CFD Jerry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have changed and worked on heated seats before on my Tahoe and assuming you are talking about the seats.. I know the module underneath the seat when it clicks is normal due to it is a safety due to a bad element in one of the seats and that is why it clicks and the seats will shut off. Not really familiar with the cooling aspect of seats and guessing it is air flow from the AC when it is running.

The test I do is this.... Say I turn them both on and they both go out and here that click under the seat as above is a safety so you do not catch the seat on fire from a bad element. What I will do is driver side only and leave passenger off and see what happens. If it goes out I know my problem is in the drivers seat (but possibly passenger seat too.. read on)... Then I will start up again and leave the drivers seat off and turn on only the passenger seat only... It it is stays on and does not go off I know my problem is one of the elements in the drivers side. Which one top or back? That takes some discovery pulling up the leather or cloth to inspect the elements. A big burnt mark is a no brainer that one is bad.

Let me give a few tips from my experience if you want your seats to line back up the way they were so you have your nice pleats once again. The element has slits in it and that is due to the seat cover has velcro on it for it to go through them. Do not just peel away your old element once you get the cover off. Very Important. Take a magic marker and trace out on the foam your old element all the way including the pleats draw lines in them.

Then when you do pull it out you have a perfect diagram how your new one will go in and no guessing. If you do not you are taking a stab in the dark lining up the new one to get your pleats perfect when you put the cover back on.

Some say with the Tahoe you have to take the top cover off and arm rest, but you do not and just slide it up far enough and plenty of room to work. The come apart in the back of the seat so go in the back passenger and you will see this plastic I would call it locking track. Sometimes it separates super easy and sometimes a pain. Just take a screw driver and be careful not to stab your hand. Then you can start to get the covers up for inspection of your elements.

Also pay attention to how the wires run under the seat so you can put them back the way they were.

If you just take it slow and easy anyone can do this it is that simple.

I hate paying for AC Delco parts with what they charge, but have to say the generics do not last and fail. I have seen some and I have not done one in about a year or so and not sure if the generics are any better. You can totally see the difference between the AC Delco and the generic for quality.

OP
OP
T

The_Reaper73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I am going to pull the passenger seat(not the one that heats my back. And see what it looks like.
I know it the passenger seat, because my driver seat heats and cools.

OP
OP
T

The_Reaper73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Scott. Nice to see you have one of the coveted 6.2 Tahoes!

Some other guys will be along soon enough, including a fellow 6.2 owner @mikeyss

It's best to pull the internal codes from the BCM so you'll know exactly what went wrong. Some guys here though, may know by your symptoms. A Tech-2 would be mighty handy to have in this situation.

Thanks for the welcome.

OP
OP
T

The_Reaper73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driver's seat has been acting up lately. Sometimes it won't turn on with the remote, but if I turn the ignition off then back on, it works normally. I replaced my driver's foam pad and it feels nice. I also had the burnt connector under the seat, but the module was ok.

Welcome and enjoy your sleeper Tahoe, I know I do, haha. Get a blackbear tune and you'll love it even more.

Thanks. I love the 6.2 engine.