Headrest or flip down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

504zo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing some upgrades to my interior but i ran into a roadblock. I can't decide what would look best headrest monitors or a flipdown monitor. I will be changing my headliner to black suede and I also have the bucket seats for my second row. Which one do yall think will look best?

TheDream

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing some upgrades to my interior but i ran into a roadblock. I can't decide what would look best headrest monitors or a flipdown monitor. I will be changing my headliner to black suede and I also have the bucket seats for my second row. Which one do yall think will look best?

ummmm....BOTH!

Honestly I say it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you're going for the showoff effect (windows down, or low tint so everyone can see that you have a video system) I go headrests. If you're doing it for kids or for the occasional use, I say go flipdown.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't go with a flip-down because I like to use my rear view mirror AND see out the back... something to keep in mind.

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't go with a flip-down because I like to use my rear view mirror AND see out the back... something to keep in mind.

x2.

Also, I didn't want to mess with the headliner. Headrest install seemed easier, and both headrests can play a different DVD/video feed from head unit.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a big flip down and hates it because he can't see out his rear view.

so.. head rests :)

OP
OP
504zo

504zo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was really leaning towards the headrest, but thanks to the comments i'm really going with it now. If I change my mind I can always add the flipdown later.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on adding headrest monitors in the next week or so. I think it looks cleaner and the kids will each have their own monitor and for me that's a plus.

Fish1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like Headrests are the way to go, but which ones? I just got an 08 Hybrid Tahoe and looking to add dual headrests?

There are many to choose from! Which ones did you guys go with?

pimpske

Reaction score
It sounds like Headrests are the way to go, but which ones? I just got an 08 Hybrid Tahoe and looking to add dual headrests?

There are many to choose from! Which ones did you guys go with?

x2.....Looking to get headrests too, but dont have a clue on the best monitors for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts