Headlight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff1smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced both low beam bulbs ( one was out, so replaced both) driver side is bright and pass is dim, changed bulbs back n forth with same result.

any thoughts ?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Let’s see if we can get a mod to move this to the correct part of the forum.

@soulsea

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

As @Tonyrodz suggested, check out the bulb socket closely, to ensure that all of the contacts, including the sheathing, which is your ground contact with the bulb, are clean and secure.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the actual bulb or just the light out put. On my 2006 Denali the reflector on the driver side is flaking making the driver side dimmer than the passenger side.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it the actual bulb or just the light out put. On my 2006 Denali the reflector on the driver side is flaking making the driver side dimmer than the passenger side.
This could be his problem. Good call. @Jeff1smith you can pull the bulb holders with the bulbs in them and let them hang, then turn on the lights to see if the bulbs seem to be the same brightness, to eliminate the housings (or not). Just be sure they’re not right next to anything that can melt, they get hot super fast.

PopperM5

Reaction score
If your reflector is flaking, I have a the set that I took out of my Denali when I retrofitted them. See pictures, let me know if you are interested in them.

20210118_104106_resized.jpg 20210118_105426_resized.jpg