Headlight bulb options / input needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Looking for options to improve/upgrade the lighting in our 2015 Suburban LT. No HID in this model/trim of course - I assume it's halogens.

At this point I'm not ready to bite the bullet for a HID conversion kit, but want to get both a whiter, but also, more light output - on low-beam, but ideally also on high-beam.

Any recommendations for replacement bulbs that would just pop in to the existing housings?

Other recommendations?

Last edited:

JBmore

Reaction score
Every bulb I tried was a complete waste of time. I tried Sylvania and Philips brightest options and they were both minimal improvements. Next I tried a high output LED replacement bulb. This had the look that I wanted but the light output was still putrid. I went with the xenon depot Philips kit and couldn't be happier. No issues since they were installed. Installation was a pain in the ass, my first time installing an HID kit, but I couldn't be happier with the results. No regular bulb will do what you want it to.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every bulb I tried was a complete waste of time. I tried Sylvania and Philips brightest options and they were both minimal improvements. Next I tried a high output LED replacement bulb. This had the look that I wanted but the light output was still putrid. I went with the xenon depot Philips kit and couldn't be happier. No issues since they were installed. Installation was a pain in the ass, my first time installing an HID kit, but I couldn't be happier with the results. No regular bulb will do what you want it to.

which kit did you go with?
http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-p/xt-h11.htm

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from retro fit source with upgraded bulbs. i could not be any more happy with the result. I compared it to a buddy's Denali and there is virtually no difference in light output.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n