2015 yukon - headlight replacement recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iksplizit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My ps headlight has had moisture in it for awhile now and it recently started effecting my DLR (it didn't illuminate anymore) and now the turn signal is on the fritz. Honestly I had plans to take it apart and attempt a repair I saw here. But between my schedule and the temperamental weather of the PNW; I'm leaning towards going aftermarket.
I like the Morimoto's look and how the DRL appears to be brighter. I just don't like the sealed bulbs, and the price for that matter. I've also heard people say that for the price they should be better than they are. Does anyone here have them, or point me in the direction of a headlight that has a brighter DRL and maintains the same DRL shape as OEM?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
In addition I'm looking into the escalade taillights but oem escalade taillights are over 700 a piece. I've heard conflicting info about different brands that make aftermarket taillights, so any info on that would be appreciated as well

*I attached picture for attention. Background: video has sent to me on Instagram of my vehicle I have no clue who took the video

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_110954_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_110954_Gallery.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 9

40Rouge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Morimoto aftermarket headlights and I love them. The DRL design is just different enough, the sequential turn signals look great. I love the black housing as well. It's the perfect way to bring the styling up to the current models.

I find the light output to be very good, just different. (I came from the factory HID's with upgraded 6000k bulbs). The Morimoto's project further down road and illuminate more things, but the light doesn't feel as "strong". The best way to describe is that the old HID's (with upgraded bulbs) were a brighter light but with less output, whereas the Morimoto feels like a weaker light, but I can see more. I hope I'm making sense.

I was fortunate enough to pick up my set off of Ebay from a person that was selling his Yukon and reverting back to stock. I got them for less than $700 shipped! Consider setting a listing alert on Ebay for them and you might find a set going for cheaper.

In regard to the escalade style tail lights, try the VLAND brand. They offer a set that mimics the OEM style with the chrome accents, but also another set that is smoked. If I were to go with an Escalade conversion, I'd go with the smoked. At $400, it doesn't break the bank if you don't like them. Personally, I'm going away from the chrome of the OEM lights and doing these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/385005485214.

DJMB337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Morimoto aftermarket headlights and I love them. The DRL design is just different enough, the sequential turn signals look great. I love the black housing as well. It's the perfect way to bring the styling up to the current models.
Its always been hard for me to tell in pictures, but are the lenses clear? Its always seemed to looked lightly smoked to me.