Headlight Adjusting Screws and Related Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true.
That said, for $90, and Canadian funds keep in mind and that's about double for anything internet based this days when converted to USD, then if it's a bargain comparatively speaking. New housing and adjusters.
The risk, as you know, when buying a ratty housing from Ebay, might include ratty adjusters too. Maybe not much life left in them.
Anyone, I've got more looking around now.
Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true.
That said, for $90, and Canadian funds keep in mind and that's about double for anything internet based this days when converted to USD, then if it's a bargain comparatively speaking. New housing and adjusters.
The risk, as you know, when buying a ratty housing from Ebay, might include ratty adjusters too. Maybe not much life left in them.
Anyone, I've got more looking around now.
Thanks.
the oem adjusters rarely go bad, the aftermarket ones found on aftermarket lights are garbage they are all plastic inside, the oem ones have a metal sleeve

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look around ebayca and see what you can find local
search terms
headlight yukon and then switch it up per search for suburban, tahoe, silverado, sierra, avalanche
then add or delete year 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
other things need to be clicked
lowest price first
used

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
These are something I should look for at the UPulls and pick up a few. It's been a crummy summer and I didn't even go looking this year.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and OfferUp. There are part-outs all the time, and pretty much all the trucks (Sierra, Silverado), all the short wheelbase SUVs (Escalade, Tahoe, Yukon/Denali), and long wheelbase SUVs (Avalanche,Escalade Ext/Escalade SUT, Suburban, Yukon XL) will have what you need. It's the same part across 1500, 2500, and 3500 lines, too. If you PM me, I can look and see if I have them.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll see how this shakes out.
Ordered a pair of headlight assemblies from an online Canadian retailer.

All new parts. Cheaply made or otherwise. Free shipping. And no premium on the USD at 35 points!
I'll follow up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a little back and forth with the supplier due to inventory shortages, I ended up with Dorman 1590119 and 1590118.
These are complete assemblies with adjusters and bulbs for $75 CDN each. That's from a Canadian online retailer. The Wrench Monkey. https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/

They fit as well as the OEMs and other than aiming, are excellent in as far as I can tell.
Considering the least expensive bulb I can buy locally is $11 (at Canadian Tire) the housing and adjusters come in very inexpensively. The adjusters were key as al four of mine were smoked.
Anyway, posted here for posterity.

Next up is a new thread on a DIY headlight alignment.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a little back and forth with the supplier due to inventory shortages, I ended up with Dorman 1590119 and 1590118.
These are complete assemblies with adjusters and bulbs for $75 CDN each. That's from a Canadian online retailer. The Wrench Monkey. https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/

They fit as well as the OEMs and other than aiming, are excellent in as far as I can tell.
Considering the least expensive bulb I can buy locally is $11 (at Canadian Tire) the housing and adjusters come in very inexpensively. The adjusters were key as al four of mine were smoked.
Anyway, posted here for posterity.

Next up is a new thread on a DIY headlight alignment.
How to adjust your headlights 2003 Tahoe

Good luck -- that was the first hit when searching YouTube. If it is crappy, feel free to comment, but please be kind to me. I've been awake for 35 of the last 36 hours (long story, nothing bad).

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His lack of measurements seems a little slack.
I've copied and pasted the instructions from my Tahoe factory manual in the link below.

It's quite detailed and should give a better insight on what needs to be done.
Now I just have to find a suitable flat surface and a wall that's 25' away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic