Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for some headers to finish off my exhaust system. Any suggestions? Have a flowmaster Cat-bat on right now, but I can tell it still doesnt breathe right, can hear the back pressure in it when I let up off the gas doing 70 mph. Should I get something else?

2001 Tahoe, 4x4, K&N cold air intake, Flashpaq programmer

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if i am wrong...but aren't you better off with a set of Long Tube headers, or Mid tubes?? Shorties don't do a whole lot other than change the sound and look cool. Stainless Steel Werks makes some, so does Pacesetter not sure about either ones quality.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBK is shorties, not much gain over stock, LT is long tubes, or full length, more power and torque.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as LT Headers go what would you recommend that would fit a 2001 Tahoe? Also, what about the exhaust from the headers back? All custom or is there a kit sold to bolt onto LT's?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as LT Headers go what would you recommend that would fit a 2001 Tahoe? Also, what about the exhaust from the headers back? All custom or is there a kit sold to bolt onto LT's?

see link above, LPP headers and you can order the ORY (off road Y pipe) that comes from headers and connects to the stock pipe. $500 for the whole kit in stainless.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yes, i plan on getting a set of those LPP's when i can stack up a little loot... probably around tax time next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia