Headers on a 6.2L with Stock Muffler/Cat-Back?

Discussion in 'Performance' started by 91RS, Mar 27, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. 91RS

91RS Full Access Member

Name:
    D
    I've never experienced exhaust small inside the cabin after installing headers on any of the vehicles I've owned. I'd say your G8 had to have an exhaust leak somewhere because I have ARH headers on my SS sedan and don't have any problems. Windows down will depend on which way the wind is blowing, it can't be helped if the wind is blowing the exhaust smell from the back of your car to the front.

kbuskill likes this.
  2. ls1frc

ls1frc TYF Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Ok thanks.

I guess worst case if it does get in the cabin, I can weld the 3rd cat back in. I frequently warm the car up in winter, which is why I am a little hesitant about the install. Would suck to get in the car and it smells like exhaust.

3. 91RS

91RS Full Access Member

Name:
    D
    I really don't think you'll have a problem. I back my SS in the garage and have never had the inside smell even warming it up in the garage (with the garage door open, of course, but still probably not recommended being backed in). I had the Escalade running in the garage for a bit the other day setting the gains on the amplifier I was swapping out and it didn't smell in the garage at all since the tail pipe is straight out the back. If I had my side-exit Corsa I want, I'm sure the garage would have smelled a little then.

4. wjburken

wjburken Full Access Member

Name:
    Wade