Headers and Interior Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can admit when I'm wrong....

Speed engineering update, mine havent held up so well not sure if they can be bandaided at all. About 99% sure even if they were patched up the cracks would continue.
Collector on passenger side has a crack "starting" it's not quite opened up yet- cant see light thru.
The ypipe is pretty bad, same deal could be patched but it will just continue. Not sure when I bought them I know they only have a year warranty

20180924_191710.jpg 20180924_191634.jpg 20180924_191652.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well I can admit when I'm wrong....

Speed engineering update, mine havent held up so well not sure if they can be bandaided at all. About 99% sure even if they were patched up the cracks would continue.
Collector on passenger side has a crack "starting" it's not quite opened up yet- cant see light thru.
The ypipe is pretty bad, same deal could be patched but it will just continue. Not sure when I bought them I know they only have a year warranty

View attachment 208049 View attachment 208050 View attachment 208051
Damn! I need to check mine. That sux and their customer support sux too. I bet if you call them they'll say they've never heard of this ever happening before. That's what they told me when I told them their exhaust didn't line up or even bolt up, and didn't allow me to retain my 4wd. What do you think caused the cracks? Heat fatigue?

Last edited:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its brittle where its cracking....I was pulling them off to replace motor mounts and i was going to heat wrap them anyway. would have just accelerated the cracking holding in the extra heat probably.

I also got rid of about all the slip fittings (vbands at the collectors) and welded the ypipe into 1 piece. i'm "sure" that would have effected those other welds not even close to them.

o well, I emailed them we'll see

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
its brittle where its cracking....I was pulling them off to replace motor mounts and i was going to heat wrap them anyway. would have just accelerated the cracking holding in the extra heat probably.

I also got rid of about all the slip fittings (vbands at the collectors) and welded the ypipe into 1 piece. i'm "sure" that would have effected those other welds not even close to them.

o well, I emailed them we'll see
Gotta let us know what they say.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
They're going to warranty them :eek:

New headers and ypipe on the way, I ordered them on Sept 17 last year,they were delivered on the 24th :lol:
GTFO!! Dude, you are super lucky. Not sure if you know, but don't use their header gaskets or bolts--they suck!

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I just reused my factory header gaskets and did away with all the slip joints...I'll take pics of the old setup now that it's all out tonight. It did fit nice and easy to remove if needed and had no leaks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick