HD Hood??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Narco, any hood from a 99-02 chevy silverado should bolt right up.

All you guys looking for an HD hood, check out this site that BOSS posted up in a different thread yesterday (or any other body panel for that mattter)

http://www.certifit.com

that's where JK got his too...it runs about $190 as I mentioned earlier...

you can get it for $190 from www.certifit.com and it's not just 02 model, i think it's 99-01...or 02, after that, the headlights became the cateyes, so the hood is different.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
is it this one ?
hdhoodw.jpg

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
a 99-02 silverado hood will bolt right on to an 04 hoe? whats the deal with the 03-05 silverado hoods? they wont fit on the corresponding year tahoes?

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
99-02 silverado hoods are the same hoods as 00-06 tahoe/suburban hoods, the silverados changed body style in 03 (more squared off) and they will not work unless you change the entire front end over to the new style silverado, then it would bolt on, get what I'm sayin?

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. that SUCKS. i found an 03-05 silverado hood on craigslist for $50 bucks last night. i knew i was way too excited.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
99-02 silverado hoods are the same hoods as 00-06 tahoe/suburban hoods, the silverados changed body style in 03 (more squared off) and they will not work unless you change the entire front end over to the new style silverado, then it would bolt on, get what I'm sayin?

has anyone done a tahoe with the 03+ silvy front end with hd hood?

I dont think i have seen on a tahoe.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, are all silverado hood HD or is the HD an option on the silverados? im looking at some silverado hoods on ebay and they dont look too different than my tahoes hood now.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
my buddy in texas has a yukon with an 03-05 frontend on it, but he didn't do the HD hood, he put a ram air hood on it.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
ok, are all silverado hood HD or is the HD an option on the silverados? im looking at some silverado hoods on ebay and they dont look too different than my tahoes hood now.

no hd hoods or with the hd option. i think just 2500-3500.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

my buddy in texas has a yukon with an 03-05 frontend on it, but he didn't do the HD hood, he put a ram air hood on it.

well tell him to change it e and get pics then he can go back to this ram air hood you speak of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz