Cross platform wheel options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SavageDad

Reaction score
not sure what tire and wheel packages you were looking at or what you like but a set of fuel or pro comp wheels are not a lot and are on sale oll over right now, lots of different designs...
just be mindful of the minimun clearance needed to fit over the brakes and tpms sensors unless they can be moved over from your existing wheels
From what I've been reading we can fit 17s over the brakes. I would love to step up to a 35 but that's impossible without a significant lift and some trimming. As much as the wife likes bouncing around on the trails a bit, the thought of cutting up a new truck sends her into a panic attack. I've been looking around for a wheel and tire package off of a Trail Boss or ZR2 but around here guys seem to be keeping theirs, I've found half a dozen TRX setups, but I don't know the offset and again a 35" tire is a no go.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've been reading we can fit 17s over the brakes. I would love to step up to a 35 but that's impossible without a significant lift and some trimming. As much as the wife likes bouncing around on the trails a bit, the thought of cutting up a new truck sends her into a panic attack. I've been looking around for a wheel and tire package off of a Trail Boss or ZR2 but around here guys seem to be keeping theirs, I've found half a dozen TRX setups, but I don't know the offset and again a 35" tire is a no go.
the wheels I mentioned do not require 35" tire's you can buy them in many sizes and offsets for a variety of vehicles and tires
those particualr brands are decently priced and good quality.
if you reach out to a reputible shop like 4wheel parts or even the manufacture they can tell you what offset you need based on your year/make/model

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get aftermarket wheels get hub centric rings so there is no chance of vibrations

OP
OP
S

SavageDad

Reaction score
the wheels I mentioned do not require 35" tire's you can buy them in many sizes and offsets for a variety of vehicles and tires
those particualr brands are decently priced and good quality.
if you reach out to a reputible shop like 4wheel parts or even the manufacture they can tell you what offset you need based on your year/make/model
I'm sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I mentioned the 35s because the only 6x139 wheels I'm seeing up for resale are TRX wheels that still have the oem 35s installed which I would love to run, but that's a no go.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I mentioned the 35s because the only 6x139 wheels I'm seeing up for resale are TRX wheels that still have the oem 35s installed which I would love to run, but that's a no go.
resale? so new wheels are not a option?
not sure what style you are looking for but these for instance should be the right model
actually those are 16" but they should make them in other sizes

OP
OP
S

SavageDad

Reaction score
resale? so new wheels are not a option?
not sure what style you are looking for but these for instance should be the right model
actually those are 16" but they should make them in other sizes
I've debated new but I'm trying to keep my wheel budget tight and I've seen a lot of inexpensive wheels (comparable to oem take-offs) but I always worry about durability when it comes to cheap wheels. I had a 97 Mustang years ago that I was building as a track/drift car and I went cheap on the wheels, I tapped a curb doing a tight right hand turn and had a wheel damn near shatter so I've been wary of cheap wheels ever since. At 3 tons minus all the car seats and other gear the Suburban is a heavy girl and I don't want to risk hitting a rock I didn't see or something and repeating my exploding wheel incident while I'm out in the boonies with an angry wife and four kids.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've debated new but I'm trying to keep my wheel budget tight and I've seen a lot of inexpensive wheels (comparable to oem take-offs) but I always worry about durability when it comes to cheap wheels. I had a 97 Mustang years ago that I was building as a track/drift car and I went cheap on the wheels, I tapped a curb doing a tight right hand turn and had a wheel damn near shatter so I've been wary of cheap wheels ever since. At 3 tons minus all the car seats and other gear the Suburban is a heavy girl and I don't want to risk hitting a rock I didn't see or something and repeating my exploding wheel incident while I'm out in the boonies with an angry wife and four kids.
the Fuel brand wheels and the pro comp I referenced are made for 4X4's mostly, they are a popular brand of the cheaper variety but are pretty solid none the less.
I have the fuel wheels on the my Silverado that I have taken off-road a number of times and have complete trust in them
wheels have load ratings just like tires do, most of the Fuel wheels I see have a 2500lbs load rating X4 is 10,000lbs more than sufficient for a suv

at any rate I was just sharing that there are options out there other than oem for a reasonable price and decant quality if you are unable to find oem at a acceptable price
every once in a while you see some take-offs for a good price but they are gone pretty quickly, you have to be prepared to jump on it with cash in hand, in my case usually those kinds of deals are out of town and no chance of getting there before a local snaps them up

OP
OP
S

SavageDad

Reaction score
the Fuel brand wheels and the pro comp I referenced are made for 4X4's mostly, they are a popular brand of the cheaper variety but are pretty solid none the less.
I have the fuel wheels on the my Silverado that I have taken off-road a number of times and have complete trust in them
wheels have load ratings just like tires do, most of the Fuel wheels I see have a 2500lbs load rating X4 is 10,000lbs more than sufficient for a suv

at any rate I was just sharing that there are options out there other than oem for a reasonable price and decant quality if you are unable to find oem at a acceptable price
every once in a while you see some take-offs for a good price but they are gone pretty quickly, you have to be prepared to jump on it with cash in hand, in my case usually those kinds of deals are out of town and no chance of getting there before a local snaps them up
You're not wrong regarding the take-off deals, it's encouraging to hear that somebody is actually running these wheels and taking them off the beaten path. I've had several people recommend wheels but most of them never attack anything more aggressive than the curbs in the mall parking lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10