Have no idea what your order status is? Here's what I did and I found out quickly! Very helpful!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I've been reading these forums for weeks about everyone's experiences regarding ordering a Tahoe....and man is it wild and also confusing! I just had a roller coaster of emotions today but I highly suggest people do what I do, if they're in the same boat as me.

Long story short _ approx. 3-4 weeks ago I went to a dealer and ordered a 2022 Tahoe RST. Was told the whole process can take 2-6 months, but typically after a month I'd have a build number, from there a build date and then ship date. etc. Called my dealer today since it's been almost a month and have heard zero from him. He pretty much kept saying to me Chevy hasn't accepted your order and I have no idea when that will happen. He couldn't give me any order # or anything. He was providing zero help, which I was not happy with since a lot of people seem to have a much better interaction with their dealer/salesperson.

So I go to Chevy Chat. It takes me maybe 10 back & forth messages with them to finally have them provide me my order number. They kept asking me for that or the VIN & I kept telling them I can't get the info from my dealer and was frustrated no one knows anything. Maybe I got lucky with the representative I had because they finally asked me for my name, address, phone and the dealer I placed the order with and they told me they'd call them for an update and to hold on. And VOILA - they were able to give me an order number!!! And now - they asked do you want to know your order status? I responded YES!!!!!! But here's the bummer. I get this

I have located your order XXXXX and can see that your vehicle is at the Event Description 2000 means Order Accepted. This status means that your order has been entered into the system and your dealer is waiting for allocation to match up with your place in line so that it can be submitted to GM. We would recommend speaking with your dealership to receive clarification as to when this may occur with your order as we do not have any additional information. We can provide you weekly email update once your order progress to 3400 status. Feel free to contact us back after 2 to 3 weeks to check if your order progress on the next status.

BUMMER!!! But i kept reading it and was like - my dealer told me numerous times they have no allotment issues & it's just building delays that make this take so long. So i'm like maybe they just were giving me the run around. But than I recall seeing that "Event Description 2000 means Order Accepted"....but how can an order be accepted if they didn't submit it to GM??? And then I remember seeing a post on all order codes and 2000 Order Accepted By GM. I also remember seeing that GM chat can be very inconsistent with their info. So now I'm truly confused. So what do i do? Fire up a new chat with a new representative. And this time I have an order # to provide!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately ask for an order status and surprise surprise they tell me this:

Your vehicle order has been accepted by Chevrolet and is working toward production process. Please work with your dealer blah blah blah

So now i'm like - okay, what the heck is really going on? I actually asked them for the status event code for further clarification and the person refused to give it to me, saying it can cause confusion. So, i'm like, do I fire up the chat again a 3rd time and see if I can get consistency? No, I decided to pick up the phone and call them. The guy I get on the line was very funny and helpful. I told him my entire experience with the dealer phone call and the 2 online chats I had and he laughed (not at me but in conjunction with my frustration since I was being nice but told him I'm upset and he was calming). He is like honestly you may have actually jumped ahead your dealer in terms of an actual status update, because everything is backed up right now with all the delays some people may have an outdated info. He's like but rest assured, the people I'm going to ask now will 100% have the correct info regarding the status of your car. BTW - he asked for my order # and had all my info, so I figured this was a good start. He then confirmed my order was indeed 100% accepted by GM. He said something along the lines that they're just waiting for a new fleet of production to be announced and at that point i'd be getting a TPW once that happens. He actually said its frustrating for them, that all of the stuff I've been told differently is not good for them, because people do end up cancelling orders with dealers because they're told the wrong thing, especially by the dealers. He's like your dealer probably either just got this info and didn't tell you for some reason or they're about to get it today or tomorrow and then you'll probably hear from them what I just told you. At any rate, he said if you ever want an update just call us, not your dealer - it takes us 5 minutes and we have the most up to date you can get. So if you guys are experiencing what I am, call them and they'll hopefully help you. 1-800-222-1020.

ARCTRUST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been reading these forums for weeks about everyone's experiences regarding ordering a Tahoe....and man is it wild and also confusing! I just had a roller coaster of emotions today but I highly suggest people do what I do, if they're in the same boat as me.

Long story short _ approx. 3-4 weeks ago I went to a dealer and ordered a 2022 Tahoe RST. Was told the whole process can take 2-6 months, but typically after a month I'd have a build number, from there a build date and then ship date. etc. Called my dealer today since it's been almost a month and have heard zero from him. He pretty much kept saying to me Chevy hasn't accepted your order and I have no idea when that will happen. He couldn't give me any order # or anything. He was providing zero help, which I was not happy with since a lot of people seem to have a much better interaction with their dealer/salesperson.

So I go to Chevy Chat. It takes me maybe 10 back & forth messages with them to finally have them provide me my order number. They kept asking me for that or the VIN & I kept telling them I can't get the info from my dealer and was frustrated no one knows anything. Maybe I got lucky with the representative I had because they finally asked me for my name, address, phone and the dealer I placed the order with and they told me they'd call them for an update and to hold on. And VOILA - they were able to give me an order number!!! And now - they asked do you want to know your order status? I responded YES!!!!!! But here's the bummer. I get this

BUMMER!!! But i kept reading it and was like - my dealer told me numerous times they have no allotment issues & it's just building delays that make this take so long. So i'm like maybe they just were giving me the run around. But than I recall seeing that "Event Description 2000 means Order Accepted"....but how can an order be accepted if they didn't submit it to GM??? And then I remember seeing a post on all order codes and 2000 Order Accepted By GM. I also remember seeing that GM chat can be very inconsistent with their info. So now I'm truly confused. So what do i do? Fire up a new chat with a new representative. And this time I have an order # to provide!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately ask for an order status and surprise surprise they tell me this:

So now i'm like - okay, what the heck is really going on? I actually asked them for the status event code for further clarification and the person refused to give it to me, saying it can cause confusion. So, i'm like, do I fire up the chat again a 3rd time and see if I can get consistency? No, I decided to pick up the phone and call them. The guy I get on the line was very funny and helpful. I told him my entire experience with the dealer phone call and the 2 online chats I had and he laughed (not at me but in conjunction with my frustration since I was being nice but told him I'm upset and he was calming). He is like honestly you may have actually jumped ahead your dealer in terms of an actual status update, because everything is backed up right now with all the delays some people may have an outdated info. He's like but rest assured, the people I'm going to ask now will 100% have the correct info regarding the status of your car. BTW - he asked for my order # and had all my info, so I figured this was a good start. He then confirmed my order was indeed 100% accepted by GM. He said something along the lines that they're just waiting for a new fleet of production to be announced and at that point i'd be getting a TPW once that happens. He actually said its frustrating for them, that all of the stuff I've been told differently is not good for them, because people do end up cancelling orders with dealers because they're told the wrong thing, especially by the dealers. He's like your dealer probably either just got this info and didn't tell you for some reason or they're about to get it today or tomorrow and then you'll probably hear from them what I just told you. At any rate, he said if you ever want an update just call us, not your dealer - it takes us 5 minutes and we have the most up to date you can get. So if you guys are experiencing what I am, call them and they'll hopefully help you. 1-800-222-1020.
This is helpful..... Ive been waiting 8 months and the ordr has not been accepted yet.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered RST 6.2 12/6/21. Order still not accepted by GM. Smh. Losing a bit of patience.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my dealership gave me my order number a couple of days after going to the dealership and placing it. So every week I would check status through the GM chat. Couple of times I did get told it was accepted but it wasn’t. Finally one week I checked like 3 times and got the same event code and status. My salesman called me about a week later to tell me it finally got accepted and my TPW. So if it gets accepted they should at least be able to tell you that. Then I checked the week of my TPW and my status changed and my Tahoe was produced. My salesman called me about a week later to tell me it was built. I didn’t tell him well I already know. But now it is sitting in Midlothian and the GM chat just says it has been produced and waiting for a deliver date. It’s been sitting there over a month now and no delivery date. Now my salesman keeps blowing me off and I really don’t think he remembers the BS stories he is giving me as to why it has not been delivered to the dealership especially since it’s 15 miles down the road. I have learned that a lot of people are using GM insiders to get status updates too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep