Has it been done?.....TBSS swap w/ fuel pump swap to 05-06 returnless fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if this will work, but wanted to ask here if anyone has gone this route in dealing with the no return line of a TBSS fuel rail. I have an 04 Tahoe with 5.3FF "Z" vin code. That engine has a return line in 04. If I were to swap to the later 05-06 Tahoe 5.3FF fuel pump, would that swap right into my tank and work in my 04 which used to have a return line?

I am running this up the flag pole because when you swap to a TBSS intake manifold, you must contend with providing a solution to the return line which is not present on a TBSS manifold. Is eliminating the return line and changing over to the later fuel pump which does not require a return line a work around when going to the TBSS intake?

If I did not need a fuel pump soon anyway, I likely would not be considering this option, but I do need a fuel pump soon as the original one in my Tahoe is starting to get wonky and finicky. All of this will be happening concurrently with an engine swap at the same time.

So, anyone done away with the return line and converted over to the 05-06 FF 5.3 fuel pump on an earlier 04 and down Tahoe?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I have no idea if this will work, but wanted to ask here if anyone has gone this route in dealing with the no return line of a TBSS fuel rail. I have an 04 Tahoe with 5.3FF "Z" vin code. That engine has a return line in 04. If I were to swap to the later 05-06 Tahoe 5.3FF fuel pump, would that swap right into my tank and work in my 04 which used to have a return line?

I am running this up the flag pole because when you swap to a TBSS intake manifold, you must contend with providing a solution to the return line which is not present on a TBSS manifold. Is eliminating the return line and changing over to the later fuel pump which does not require a return line a work around when going to the TBSS intake?

If I did not need a fuel pump soon anyway, I likely would not be considering this option, but I do need a fuel pump soon as the original one in my Tahoe is starting to get wonky and finicky. All of this will be happening concurrently with an engine swap at the same time.

So, anyone done away with the return line and converted over to the 05-06 FF 5.3 fuel pump on an earlier 04 and down Tahoe?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there I to want to do a tbss swap when my local lqk gets on and I can get my hands on it. The best and easiest solution would be to get a early corvette style fuel filter/ regulator it has the connections for your two lines and it has one for the newer rail. Thats what i have on my wish list on ebay when i get my hands on that intake

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions on the 'vette filter, which I knew about that option. Instead of using the 'vette filter I am interested in swapping fuel pumps to get to the same end(no return line). Since I need the fuel pump replaced anyway, that is why I'm considering going this route vs. the more common 'vette filter/regulator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon