Has anyone modified or moved the windshield washer fluid reservoir for more wheel well clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I just clipped the inner fender so it stopped rubbing. There is more than enough room now and the tank has at least an inch or more clearance from the tire at full lock and compressed down. I am running 35 inch tires...

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My BP Tahoe came with a small tank mounted where the AUX battery goes since it had a cut bumper at one point. There were mounting holes already there they repurposed.

Will S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2” spacer on the front at present, which probably nets a 3” front lift and running BFG 35’s, closer to 34.5 with tread wear. The washer bottle wash def an issue. My solution was to use a washer bottle from a 96 Silverado I think. It basically looked the same only a little shorter than the bottle on my 2007 Tahoe. I expanded holes to fit fluid pick up pump and drilled out an additional hole for rear washer pickup pump. Fitted grommets to holes and inserted pumps.

Then slotted mounting holes a bit on new reservoir to get it as high as possible. End result netted me 2” more clearance. It just barely kisses on full lock now.

Still running stock bumper, but when I find a bumper that fits, if bottle shows just going to cut the bottom off to shorten and fiberglass a new bottom on it to gain clearance.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does it hold? Half a gallon? I am wondering if something like this would work for mine, but I have rear wiper wash too and I don't know how that is setup on the tank. I am assuming two pumps and plugs?

Its significantly less than half a gallon maybe half a half a gallon haha.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much does it hold? Half a gallon? I am wondering if something like this would work for mine, but I have rear wiper wash too and I don't know how that is setup on the tank. I am assuming two pumps and plugs?

Its significantly less than half a gallon maybe half a half a gallon haha.

Let’s see...8.5” x 4” x 3” is 102 cubic inches so that multiplied by .554 (.554 us fluid ounce per cubic inch) is 56 fluid ounces. A half gallon is 64 ounces so it’s a little less than a half gallon. But definitely not a half of a half of a gallon! I think you could drill a hole and add another pump or just use 2 of these. I deleted my stupid rear wiper on my Yukon which I highly recommend anyway :cool:....but I am using this on my Silverado.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s see...8.5” x 4” x 3” is 102 cubic inches so that multiplied by .554 (.554 us fluid ounce per cubic inch) is 56 fluid ounces. A half gallon is 64 ounces so it’s a little less than a half gallon. But definitely not a half of a half of a gallon! I think you could drill a hole and add another pump or just use 2 of these. I deleted my stupid rear wiper on my Yukon which I highly recommend anyway :cool:....but I am using this on my Silverado.

Hey hey now don't be doing math and stuff!

Maybe I'm weird but I actually use my rear wiper nearly every morning to wipe the dew off.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang you got me! One of the defroster wires is missing so IDK if it works or not. Not sure If I could solder a new one on or not. Might have to investigate that.
Www.frostfighter.com for repairs to the tabs or grid wires. It might cost a little more than the cheap stuff but it works awesome. I tried the others and they just made it worse, Frostfighter is a conductive epoxy that is easy to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts