Has anyone had to flush and replace the 8 spd fluid a second time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 Denali 8-speed transmission is shuddering again. The TC was replaced at 30K and then the fluid flushed and replaced per the technical bulletin at 78k after it began shuddering. Now, at 112k it's started the shuddering again. Would replacing the fluid alone fix this or should I go for the TC replacement as well? Has anyone had to flush and refill a second time?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 Denali 8-speed transmission is shuddering again. The TC was replaced at 30K and then the fluid flushed and replaced per the technical bulletin at 78k after it began shuddering. Now, at 112k it's started the shuddering again. Would replacing the fluid alone fix this or should I go for the TC replacement as well? Has anyone had to flush and refill a second time?
I would flush again and make sure they use fluid in latest TSB.It's worth a try to me.
Might want to check and see if TC is under warranty if you paid for repair.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My 2017 had the shudder at 42k. Flushed it and it was great. Serviced it at 85k. I'm at 123k now and am due again. Fingers crossed. The new fluid is KEY

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with a TC change and fresh fluids. I'm planning a trip as soon as it gets out of the shop and I didn't want to risk just a fluid change. The torque converter was hard to find. I found one at a dealer about 80 miles away. Oh well, I just consider it equal to a couple of truck payments.

Akinshake

Reaction score
I have a 2016 with the same issue. I purchased with 75k miles on it but according to the carfax, the trans fluid was changed at 53k. i was having issues and had the TSB and fluid changed at 100k. its at 112k with the proper fluid i believe and now and doing it again.