Has anyone done a 50 or 75 NOS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onenicedenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious for those times where you want a boost. My 6.2 with 208,000 mi. on the ticker is already quick for the weight. But, just to have another 75 hp on call would be nice.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back when I used to play with nitrous on cars, you could l hardly feel a 50 shot. there were times a passenger would have to ask if you sprayed it. and that was 3000lb cars. I honestly don't know if a 50 shot would go anything to a 5500lb truck.. maybe change the exhaust tone a bit? only thing we ever found a small shot good for was a small turbo car. they loved the stuff, being so cold you could run even more boost while on it too. still nothing by today's hp numbers but fun.

I think you'd need the full small solenoid flow, about 150 ish.

CommodoreSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before you spray it I would check out the engine to be sure it’s up to a shot of juice. Compression check all of the cylinders and replace the timing set of it hasn’t been done yet. I would recommend a new fuel sending unit as well if it has the original fuel pump. Fueling and or timing timing problems with NOS often result in catastrophic failure. If the truck is mechanically good I wouldn’t worry about hurting anything as long as you’re using premium fuel and the system is properly set up.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitrous is basically the same as any kind of FI
Fuel system : pump, injectors etc should be in "new" condition.
I assume you want a wet flow system. So it would take fuel from your fuel rails.
A 75 shot you would certainly notice. Remember that Nitrous is ******* parts because it
is 'right now'... Anytime you 'boost' anything the ideal piston ring gap changes. So putting
on a stock motor with that many miles is probably not the best idea IMO.
But it's your stuff, do what makes you happy !!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz