Has anyone converted back to straight gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It starts just out in gear won’t move

starts right up....shift into D...everythings fine....take my foot off the brake to start and move...literally the whole truck shakes like its going to fall apart....and the sound is metal teeth grinding against a metal teeth....this IS the worst sound ive ever heard from a vehicle...and Ive seen a rod come up through a block when I was younger....crazy....for 3 hours before this started truck was driving 200 miles into a trip...like a dream.....literally smooth shifting great....I have never experienced a failure of this nature....ugggh!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will start but won’t move out in gear and goes no where

This is often a pump problem but could be the TECHM, the module that controls everything. A repair shop will suggest an entire transmission rebuild when all that may be required is the repair of the solenoids for about $40 in parts plus fluid if you do it yourself. Don't even have to drop the trans for that one. If it's the pump, then it has to come down. You really need a Tech-2 or similar to see the internal codes and take readings to see what is going on inside.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like pulling teeth! We called this speaking in Superfluff.

When I ran shops I always liked talking to a woman to get info from them because they shared everything and were ok with my many questions.

Guys were ok at times too but they seemed afraid of showing they did not know much about vehicles and was like pulling teeth to get info at times. They also wanted to interject what they felt was the problem and of course, how to repair it. I had to fire a customer or two over the years.

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like pulling teeth! We called this speaking in Superfluff.

do you know if the dealership technicians refer to their scanners as "Tech2"'s...just curious and want to be informed...I have an appointment to have my truck towed to our dealership on Saturday...If I'm going to pay for a diagnostic...I want them to use every resource they have available...not just say the "bucket of steam" drive belt is bad and its going to be $3500 to fix...dealerships really are a love/hate relationship.....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I always offered reasons for what we found that was wrong and what needed to be done to fix. You have to ask for complete details of what they found.

For instance, I would never ever accept a tech or service writer telling me, "You need a new engine for $5000".

OK, well, why are you saying that? What was the cause of the failure? I would want COMPLETE documentation of all tests and the results.

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always offered reasons for what we found that was wrong and what needed to be done to fix. You have to ask for complete details of what they found.

For instance, I would never ever accept a tech or service writer telling me, "You need a new engine for $5000".

OK, well, why are you saying that? What was the cause of the failure? I would want COMPLETE documentation of all tests and the results.

sound advice...I don't feel like being victimized because I want my truck fixed properly.

thanks again....will keep posting updates as this fiasco unfolds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA