Has anyone converted back to straight gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blade02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 08 Tahoe hybrid that won’t move I bought it and three days later it quit moving has 180k nice truck

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 08 Tahoe hybrid that won’t move I bought it and three days later it quit moving has 180k nice truck

I think such would be cost prohibitive as even the AC and Steering are electric and the programming in the modules quite different. Can it be done? Sure, the Titanic could be raised too! It's worth fixing it, not converting it AFAIK.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no start or put in gear and won’t move? There’s lots of help here with more details.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just completely quit moving
Your posts don't tell us anything - "quit moving"?? - what does that mean? won't start? no power to engage starter? transmission locked? - come on man - more info if you really want help.

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good morning...YES please more information...I am kinda of in the same boat right now...truck is going to the dealer on Saturday morning until then ...just sitting(depressing)....my truck starts and sounds fine!....even shifted perfect until this incident.....now I put into drive and literally sounds like the transmission or REAR END has broke off every tooth or spline ground to oblivion...don't want to try and move it an inch forward so I don't cause anymore damage.....however neutral and pushing it forward or backwards seems to be able to move the truck without any grinding or pronounced sounds....I wonder if my 3.08 rear end has shredded apart???....please provide more information some of the guys here are really good at pointing in the right direction!

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I often wonder why we have to BEG for info related to a problem. You would think a person asking for help would give info freely to try and figure out what is going on.

......sometimes I wonder how it feels to be a master GMC/CHEVY technician...I think I missed my calling in life...LOL!

Last edited:

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I often wonder why we have to BEG for info related to a problem. You would think a person asking for help would give info freely to try and figure out what is going on.

Ron..you seem very knowledgeable about our trucks...wanted to ask what would be the best way to tell if I seized up the
rear end in my 2008 gmc Yukon hybrid..?....I hear a terrible noise when I go to put it in drive to move forward...sounds like teeth or gears literally breaking off or grinding to the point of fracture...engine starts right up...smooth running...was shifting perfect before this happened within a 1/4 mile of first noise...I don't want to pull the differential apart...just asking if there is a way to tell if the 3.08 carrier/gears are literally broken up inside the pumpkin?

I can push the truck forward and backwards in neutral without much sound if any.

thanks, Ike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094