Hard wire radar detector.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
My free tip.

Drive under the speed limit. No tickets. No need for detectors.
Oh my...how boring. However since the federal highway system was designed for a higher speed then 65mph...I guess I will drive faster and hope you trigger the radar gun for me.

I don't suppose you have a tip om my original question, or do you just flap your gums and try to sound holy? Why does every forum have someone like you?

Padraig

n4gkj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
padraig,

i hope you accomplish your install...
if i can provide anymore info like what fuse location i used for switched power or constant power or anything else let me know and i will direct email you...

i dont know why people try to get all "holy" ......

i guess there is one in every crowd...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, Radar detectors are a huge waste of money as Lazer radar guns are being used once he has you in the scope to shoots your vehicle the button is pushed (instant on and off) he's got you and the detector goes off but he already has your speed. If he shoots the vehicle in front or beside you the detector will not go off as the Lazer beam has a spread of about 2-3 feet at 1000ft.
You are incorrect. OHP setup stationary on I675 looking north. I am exiting to I675 S after traveling E. Once I made the transition, my detector slowly ramped up to full laser alert. Trooper was targeting the sports car directly in front on me in my lane. I passed by the stationary Lazer device about a mile later. In my experience, KA is more in use than lazer. Additionally, lazer is of no use while it’s raining.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used someone elses write up on how to run wiring for dash cams front and rear. There was good pictures and a good write up for it. Dont know where that thread is, but was spot on.

That IS the proper lane to be driving in EXCEPT to pass slower moving traffic.

But then again, more and more folks seem to think driving laws are just guidelines for others and they can do as they want. Like driving 75 on a 55 2 lane road and blow thru stop signs at intersections with a school on the corner. See that happen at least every few weeks. Nearly all have radar detectors too. Sad that they feel entitled to drive like morons because of the radar detector keeping them from getting ticketed for being buttheads.

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used someone elses write up on how to run wiring for dash cams front and rear. There was good pictures and a good write up for it. Dont know where that thread is, but was spot on.

That IS the proper lane to be driving in EXCEPT to pass slower moving traffic.

But then again, more and more folks seem to think driving laws are just guidelines for others and they can do as they want. Like driving 75 on a 55 2 lane road and blow thru stop signs at intersections with a school on the corner. See that happen at least every few weeks. Nearly all have radar detectors too. Sad that they feel entitled to drive like morons because of the radar detector keeping them from getting ticketed for being buttheads.
This write up maybe? https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2-channel-dash-cam-install.131638/

It's the one I used as a guideline when I installed dashcams.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES, thats the one. I didn't use the fuse tap, just ran a wire to the cigarette lighter plug for my power and it works great.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, Radar detectors are a huge waste of money as Lazer radar guns are being used once he has you in the scope to shoots your vehicle the button is pushed (instant on and off) he's got you and the detector goes off but he already has your speed. If he shoots the vehicle in front or beside you the detector will not go off as the Lazer beam has a spread of about 2-3 feet at 1000ft.
Its not for going 100 MPH - its for going 45 (not paying attention to speedometer) in a 30 when the speed limit should really be 40. Most police in my neck are driving around with their Ka band on continuously. Lidar will catch you in an instant, but just because it wont save you every time does not make it a waste of money; one ticket pays for the detector. Mine has saved me thousands of dollars...

OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
Finally got around to hard wiring my Radar Detector. As others have said, I needed to trim down the plastic on the fuse tap to get it to fit. Used number F26 fuse location. After that it was pretty straight forward. Removed the trim on the passenger side pillar and ran wires up and pushed them in and along the head liner.

Thanks, everybody.

Padraig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts