Hard to slow the truck down sometimes. Please read.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how to word this so please bear with me..

2008 Tahoe 2WD, mods are in signature, not much.

Whats happening is when coming to a stop from 45-55 mph I apply the brakes, truck slows down. but sometimes it will downshift a bit weird and the rpms raise from 1,000ish to almost 2,000 which creates a bit of give to the brake pedal and i feel like it becomes hard to stop. I am thinking that the vacuum goes away and the brake booster loses its oomph.

Truck runs great, has no real issues shifting when accelerating, but this issue has started to become more pronounced and when needing to brake hard for traffic sometimes I feel like theres a chance to rear-end the person in front of me. If i brake hard when the truck comes to a stop it will rev up a bit like the throttle is partly engaged.

Anyone ever seen this before? no codes. i know the electronic throttle body might have something to do with this but i would hope that a code would pop if something is actually wrong.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with a good throttle body cleaning and have someone see if the TPS sensor (Throttle Position Sensor) is acting correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA