Handkraftd carbon fiber steering wheel installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooo I did a thing...I pulled the trigger and installed an Ebay steering wheel. It is perforated leather with red stitching and carbon fiber, although its fake, looks very convincing. It is also available in black, black wood, and full leather finishes depending on availability. You have to search for a silverado carbon fiber steering wheel to find it, it wont come up under tahoe search. Best part? Seller is selling it for 340ish OBO, I managed to snag it for $230.

Impressions, well I love it!! Well exceeded my expectations in quality. Fitment is dead on with OEM and all the controls transferred over without issues. It feels like I am driving a completely different car. The thickness of the "carbon" parts is about 1/8 to 1/4 thicker than stock with the thumb grooves and flat bottom really completing the whole package. I dont have a single negative so far when it comes to this wheel, it feels sporty but doesnt feel too aggressive to the point where it doesnt fit in the truck.

Install...this was one of the easiest things to install but nerve wracking because of the airbag removal. There are quite a bit of videos out there on how to do this and it is very straight forward. The only thing I would recommend is, some videos say to remove the electrical connectors from the horn copper contacts, this way you remove the steering wheel controls as one piece but risk snapping the terminal in the process. I say just drove the 4 torx screws that hold the entire copper connector and reinstall, it took me only few more minutes but saved a potential headache...

Alright alright, enough, pics attached

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fancy, i like it

for the steering marker...are you gonna get into a tank slapper spin or maybe drift it ...to test it out?
LOL

OP
OP
sanco

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, but now your airbag needs some kind of upgrade. Looks boring now with that great wheel.

I will say it looks a lot better in person but I agree im thinking about a few ideas but I'll see what I go with... whatever it is I don't want it to go overboard either

OP
OP
sanco

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good

Only real thing to point out is you're displaying the flag incorrectly

Thanks yea but it's a garage door, so when I opened it up to take my avatar pic it was faced wrong but if I correct it like the pic above then it's wrong when the door is closed. Either way....if were gonna get into technicalities of flags there's a ton wrong with it but as long as it's not upside down or desecrated it is what it is, its temporarily placed there for now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094