Grill mounted light bar.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leo1103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
32" curved light bar with a rigid harness tied into the fog lights. The rigid harness is like 25 bux, well worth it if you ask me compared to the ****** China ones.20180901_154852.jpg

Leo1103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you have it mounted? I too have a 32 but im having trouble finding solid mounting points...
I used some panheads I had laying around and mounted to the plastic where the foam bumper support slides into. Had it like that for over a month without any issues. I pulled it out ever since I got my morimoto fogs though. Took probably 20 minutes to mount and most of that was just tightening the lock washers and nuts

OP
OP
T

tst1212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I finally got my 32" curved Nilight installed after returning the 42". It was a huge pain as it seemed anything that could go wrong went wrong. First of all the 32" curved mounting brackets sit right on top of some raised plastic pieces that need to be trimmed off for a flat fit, use a drimel or similar. tool Once that's done, you drill holes thru a plastic piece then about 3" of foam and then another plastic piece, easy right? Well no, cause then you hit the frame which is right at 32" wide. If you angle the drill bit slightly to the rear you can miss the frame and get a hole thru the second piece .of plastic. You'll need new bolts as the 1.5" that come with the kit are way too small, I went with 5", overkill yes, but necessary the way I installed. I figured that since there was no way to access the bolts under to tighten them sufficiently, I figured I needed to tighten from the top. To do this, I was able to hand thread a bolt/washer from the bottom with locktight on it and tighten from the top. I also needed to use a washer/lock washer on top as the bolt would have not been able to tighten all the way. Hassle yes, but it worked!! The next difficulty was the harness, I ran it thru the passenger side door, warning do it without popping the rubber seal cup off the door. Getting the seal back on the plastic cup took probably 30 minutes and very numb/raw finger tips. The wire harness is barely long enough to mount anywhere other than the center console, see pic.

All said its finally done, and damn ..it rocks!!!

mount.jpg door.jpg switch.jpg Capture.jpg

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my 32" curved Nilight installed after returning the 42". It was a huge pain as it seemed anything that could go wrong went wrong. First of all the 32" curved mounting brackets sit right on top of some raised plastic pieces that need to be trimmed off for a flat fit, use a drimel or similar. tool Once that's done, you drill holes thru a plastic piece then about 3" of foam and then another plastic piece, easy right? Well no, cause then you hit the frame which is right at 32" wide. If you angle the drill bit slightly to the rear you can miss the frame and get a hole thru the second piece .of plastic. You'll need new bolts as the 1.5" that come with the kit are way too small, I went with 5", overkill yes, but necessary the way I installed. I figured that since there was no way to access the bolts under to tighten them sufficiently, I figured I needed to tighten from the top. To do this, I was able to hand thread a bolt/washer from the bottom with locktight on it and tighten from the top. I also needed to use a washer/lock washer on top as the bolt would have not been able to tighten all the way. Hassle yes, but it worked!! The next difficulty was the harness, I ran it thru the passenger side door, warning do it without popping the rubber seal cup off the door. Getting the seal back on the plastic cup took probably 30 minutes and very numb/raw finger tips. The wire harness is barely long enough to mount anywhere other than the center console, see pic.

View attachment 208822 View attachment 208823 View attachment 208824 View attachment 208825
I just ordered a 32” curved. Do you have a pic from the top. Going to have to figure out how to mount it as well so like to see the inside where you mounted it

Looks good bro

arctictwist

Reaction score

View attachment 208822 View attachment 208823 View attachment 208824 View attachment 208825

Hows this light holding up?

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know too....
So you guys are telling me is the only way of getting a decent bar mounted is going behind the grill? Tell you one thing it will certainly cut down on theft.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only went with a 22in AuxBeam. It doesn't get used a lot but wanted extra lighting for night drives back down the ski mountains. Haven't yet relayed it to the high beams.dcad2e54336c685d0c4b977783e4e5a0.jpg
This is closer to the size bar i have on my Yota...

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine awhile back but it fits well and puts out good light. The curved worked best for me to go around all the coolers and what not.

Lightbar mounted 2.jpg Lightbar mounted 3.jpg Lightbar mounted on.jpg Lightbar mounted.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE