Greetings from Washington State, PNW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey gang, I just recently acquired a 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe from my father in-law, who was the original owner.

It is a 2wd base model with the 4.8l V8, rubber floors and cargo doors.

I currently don't have any plans to modify it to any real extent, but ya just never know.

I will be my project rig that I can putter on, as there are a few repairs that need to be made to it, but nothing major (as far as I know right now) that needs to be done.

I know a lot of routine maintenance items will need to be addressed, but over all it is a solid rig.

I work as a construction inspector, I was a Navy Engineman in a previous life, so I am somewhat mechanically inclined.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    540.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Owners manual.JPG
    Owners manual.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Rear Seat.JPG
    Rear Seat.JPG
    458.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Window Sticker.JPG
    Window Sticker.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 8

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Thank you for your service! Seems you have nice comfy interior.

OP
OP
01BlueTahoeGuy
Reaction score
Aside from it needing a good wash and detail, and a few maintenance items, for being 22 years old at 163k miles, it is a good solid rig.

I know there will be things that will need to be done to it, but overall am very happy to have it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome from NJ. I love seeing the old saved window stickers from when they were new. Interesting how you said it has rubber floors. Made me think it might've been a police model, but I didn't see anything on the window sticker. Did he order it special? You don't see many with the 3.42 ratio either. Nice, same color as mine too.

OP
OP
01BlueTahoeGuy
Reaction score
No rear AC or controls.

Pretty plain and basic, plus no third row seating. The window sticker does list programmable locks, but they never had a key fob, but it does have power locks (but manual windows), so I am wondering if I could get a key fob for it.

I can see the idea of it having potentially being a police package, as its does have the standard steel wheels of the era.

At this point, the only interior upgrades I would think about doing is maybe a modern radio for phone connectivity. Although a junkyard excursion to find a center console might be in order at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14