Got-to and to-avoid parts brands/MFGs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermut

Reaction score
I'm currently looking to order a few parts from RockAuto, and was wondering if there are any parts manufacturers I should stay clear of? On the flip side, what manufacturers are consistent and reliable in yall's experience? I've seen brands such as AC Delco, Standard Motor Products, Dayco, etc. Like many people I imagine I'm on a budget, but if quality and reliability costs a bit more then so be it.

I'm ordering mostly electronic related items such as a headlight switch, HVAC control switch panel, 4WD switch, AC blower motor resistor. I'm also looking at buying new upper & lower radiator hoses, as well as new lines to the heater core. Those I might just buy at O'Reilly's and they have the choice of Gates and MasterPro.

Thoughts, experiences and comments are greatly appreciated!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking to order a few parts from RockAuto, and was wondering if there are any parts manufacturers I should stay clear of? On the flip side, what manufacturers are consistent and reliable in yall's experience? I've seen brands such as AC Delco, Standard Motor Products, Dayco, etc. Like many people I imagine I'm on a budget, but if quality and reliability costs a bit more then so be it.

I'm ordering mostly electronic related items such as a headlight switch, HVAC control switch panel, 4WD switch, AC blower motor resistor. I'm also looking at buying new upper & lower radiator hoses, as well as new lines to the heater core. Those I might just buy at O'Reilly's and they have the choice of Gates and MasterPro.

Thoughts, experiences and comments are greatly appreciated!

A good rule of thumb is go with OEM if at all possible, particularly on mission critical parts or parts that are a PITA to get to. Keep in mind that some brands have different levels of quality, like AC Delco. There is AC Delco OEM, Advantage and Professional, but I’d only go with OEM. I’ve had some good luck with Standard. Dorman can be hit or miss.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered a bunch of stuff from rock auto and havent had a problem yet. Im not buying the expensive stuff either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts