Goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VPVETTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I NEVER use a forum to gauge issues or reliability of a vehicle in general. If I coincidentally happen to have an issue with my vehicle, I use forums to see what it might be. As with anything in life, more people get out and complain as loud as they can about an issue, but the people who are happy, just enjoy what they bought and move on.
You should see all the complaints about issues with C8 Corvette's....LOL I have one, and NEVER had anyone of them. Going on a year of ownership for that one, and just got my 22 RST Tahoe. Looking forward to many miles on that one too.

Good luck on your travels, I had a Armada about 5-6 years ago....its a tough truck, but dated now without all the new tech. Toyota has stepped up their game now, but they are even harder to find then the Tahoe!

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as it saddens me, I decided against a new Tahoe and purchased a new Nissan Armada. I thought I was a die hard Chevy guy but after seeing and reading all the issues people are having with brand new tucks, I decided that I did not want that headache in my life. While I have owned many Chevy products and have posted about them on this forum, I could not be more happy with my decision. No more issues with cylinder deactivation, lifters, broken dashboards, and the list goes on. I now enjoy having V8 all the time and know I don't have to purchase a "range" device or put in a new cam shaft to keep all 8 cylinders engaged. My new 5.6L is fast and fun to drive.
Good luck with the Armada. I traded in my Armada 19 SL for a Tahoe. My Armada was trouble free for nearly 50k miles until trading it in. Only one minor issue was a brake switch issue where vehicle would not start because it did not detect that I was pressing the brakes. Literally a quick visit to dealer resolved it. Many just purchased the brake switch on Amazon for like $12 and fixed it themselves. The car still started with remote so I was never stranded. Armada is a good buy. It's tough, very solid and the v8 is no slouch.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as it saddens me, I decided against a new Tahoe and purchased a new Nissan Armada. I thought I was a die hard Chevy guy but after seeing and reading all the issues people are having with brand new tucks, I decided that I did not want that headache in my life. While I have owned many Chevy products and have posted about them on this forum, I could not be more happy with my decision. No more issues with cylinder deactivation, lifters, broken dashboards, and the list goes on. I now enjoy having V8 all the time and know I don't have to purchase a "range" device or put in a new cam shaft to keep all 8 cylinders engaged. My new 5.6L is fast and fun to drive.
Don't be a stranger and if you don't mind, post up a review and some photos of your new ride someday.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Toyota is my next, if it gets to that. The way I built my 05, I would hope it never does.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I NEVER use a forum to gauge issues or reliability of a vehicle in general. If I coincidentally happen to have an issue with my vehicle, I use forums to see what it might be. As with anything in life, more people get out and complain as loud as they can about an issue, but the people who are happy, just enjoy what they bought and move on.
You should see all the complaints about issues with C8 Corvette's....LOL I have one, and NEVER had anyone of them. Going on a year of ownership for that one, and just got my 22 RST Tahoe. Looking forward to many miles on that one too.

Good luck on your travels, I had a Armada about 5-6 years ago....its a tough truck, but dated now without all the new tech. Toyota has stepped up their game now, but they are even harder to find then the Tahoe!
I believe that the better that you get to know the folks on this Forum, you will 'use a forum to gauge issues or reliability of a vehicle in general'. Folks here express opinions on both sides of the coin. Folks here also have limited tolerance for any comments, good or bad, that are not backed up by evidence or fact. That is why this Forum is truly different than most others.

Edlee321

Reaction score
I've had the armada and infinite qx80 a few times as rental cars, its a nice truck with good suspension (feels like you are floating) but steering feels a little loose and throttle is a little too punchy for my taste.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe guy here but a friend, who went from Tahoe to Explorer and now Hyundai Palisade thinks his Palisade is the best he's had. No problems.

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since some of you may choose Toyota. May I ask which V8 SUV Toyota offers to compete with Nissan Armada or Tahoe? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher

Latest posts