Good price ? for a tahoe ssv LT ? flexfuel (non AFM)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is was a city SSV Non AFM (verified by vin)

I beat him down on the price his asking price was 16k i got him down to 13900 it includes a partial payment of the registration tax of $800(so i'll have to pay 250-400 left because i'll have to get a new plate)..

Single owner because the current person is a dealer.

it has 92k miles

I know it does not have the back up sensor or camera not a big deal since the tahoe is the same size as my previous vehicle.

I always back in anyways

plus it will be fun to install it my self
Always interested in learning stuff about cars.

I did look at one at a dealership but it had a lot of rust inside like it went for a swim in the ocean. ( even though it had a clean car fax but the "new" seats made suspicious and made me look under the driver side foot wheel to only discover lots of rust) so that means it had been flooded 1/2 way or more up the SUV

I had also bought one before but it had bad title(missing 1 paper work) so i return and get my money back

everything worked perfect on it
it only needed a new idler pulley and belt (might as well) as the engine as transmission were silky smooth. it had 114k i paid 9500

tahoe 3.jpg tahoe 2.jpg tahoe.jpg tahoe 4.jpg

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $12k for my 2010 ssv with 93k on it if that helps at all. Bought it at Chicago motors.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was sold at a gov auction directly from the county of orange
in california
@BG1988 That price is way too high for a 2008 PPV. If you're certain that the vehicle's 2WD then its NOT a SSV which is 4x4.
its LS trim according to the vin

this is the original sale information

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=788&acctid=8028&clientonly=

it's so hard to even find one that is legit online or one that does not have over 125k since most i see have 150 to 190k (I don't want a fixer uper )

My budget is 15,000
don't want 4x4

it has to be a Califorina car (due to emission requirements)

this is going to be a daily driver only 5,000 miles a year

Last edited:

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Thats not a Previous City or Police vehicle or prior pursuit vehicle.

Does not have dual batteries, Likely also does not have the oil cooler.

No municipality would put a Luxury Tahoe into service not even for a county Judge to drive.

Tax payers are typically not cool with luxury cars being used.

Retired police Tahoes from 2007 to 2014 with 90 to 110,000 miles will sell and do sell for 4000 to 6500 tops tops tops..

No one should pay a penny over 6k for any retired Police Tahoe.
The more 2015 and newer Tahoes that are coming off the assembly line means the 07 to 14 Tahoes are going down and down each month.

Only time a municipality would have a luxury car is typically one that has been seized and would only be retained for other undercover work.

Thats not a police car..

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To BG1988,

There 3 items in the pix are kind of non PPV options: center console, roof luggage rack and tow hitch. 2008 model does NOT come with hitch for Police PPV 2WD. But they could be installed by dealer or new owner.

To verify that Tahoe is a civilian version or Police PPV one, open glove box, check Pro-Code, if there is Z56 in the list, that is a real Police PPV.

Please post pix of GM Pro-Code from glove box, so we can help you identify your Tahoe.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645